Prologue

There was no specific date on when Newt was 'expelled' so I am going with 1913. In Harry Potter WIKI it says 1913...

 In Harry Potter WIKI it says 1913

Hogwarts Castle 1913

Ophelia Rose Athena Dumbledore roamed the halls of Hogwarts as the Hufflepuff Prefect; it was her duty to ensure the students were in their beds especially Hufflepuff at curfew. Her father was a teacher and of course one of her favorites. She was an exceptional witch as she acted all her classes and earned the position as a Prefect; she excelled more in Care of Magical Creatures and Herbology.

The castle was practically quiet as she softly hummed walking down the halls; many thoughts running through her head. Her father raised her on his own and her gracefulness showed how much he cared for her. As her mind sat on many thoughts; she heard footsteps down the hall as she peered around the corner. She caught sight of a classmate; one that would say hi to her in the library all the time. Newton Scamander; or Newt as any of the few friends he had would call him. He was a sweet and kind boy but it was rare he would be sneaking around; not without cause.

She stalked behind him for a moment before calling out to him "Newton.." she said with her arms crossed as he jumped up realizing he was caught "Oh good evening uh..." he awkwardly put his hands in his pockets as she spoke up "Ophelia... Dumbledore... Now you know better than to be out past curfew... May I ask why?" she said in a slightly serious tone. He knew she was a prefect; but she was kind to him, he was awkward and the other students would pick on him and she would help him. They shared a love for creatures which made them quite the pair of friends.

"Oh! Well, uh... the thing is..." he started to speak before she saw a shadow in the distance behind him; someone else was up unless it was a teacher "Now I won't scold you too much but please go back to the dorm and go to bed.." she said softly as he smiled and nodded " I will. Thank you Opie..." he said as he ran off. The nickname she had never heard before made her smile. She turned to where the shadow was and made her way in the direction as she sees the door to the Charms class was slightly open. In the crack of the door, she could see the figure that passed earlier and it was none other than Leta Lestrange of the Slytherin house.

She had a reputation around Hogwarts and nothing too great but the girl was usually keeping to herself or talking with Newt who happened to be a friend. As Ophelia reached for the door yanking it open scaring the Slytherin girl who quickly covered the area behind her with a sheet. "You are out past curfew Ms. Lestrange..." she said crossing her arms and eyeing the sheet behind her "What is that?" she asked as she looked back at the girl. "Nothing Prefect Dumbledore..." she twiddled her fingers a moment "I have permission to be here..."

For a moment Ophelia looked at her and could tell she was lying. None of the professors nor her father stated that any students had permission to be out of bed tonight. "Do you want to see it?" Leta asked as Ophelia looked at her a moment; curiosity getting the best of her as she walked closer to where Leta was with the sheet as a voice called out to her "LETA NO!" it was Newt but before Leta could be stopped she removed the sheet revealing a jarvey which surprised Ophelia. The creature was practically an overgrown ferret; just nastier than the sweet ones you could get from the Magical Menagerie on the Northside of Diagon Alley. These creatures also could speak and had a terrible temper which caused her to be on edge "Leta... why do you have this?" she asked as the creature looked at her snarling a little "A new friend I see... Could your hair be any more white? You look old girl..." the jarvey snapped as she looked a moment in a state of shock.