Chapter Four

This chapter is dedicated to whats-on-your-mind who has been there from day one on this story and loves it. Thank you for your support.

In this chapter; there will be more Ophelia and Newt moments, no I will not be rushing the relationship as there are 3 movies to go through but the sappy will be coming :D

Inside Newt's Suitcase

Jacob crashes down the steps of the case, colliding with various objects, instruments, and bottles as he goes. Both he and Ophelia find themselves inside a small wooden shed containing a camp bed, tropical gear and various tools hung up on the walls. Wooden cupboards contain rope, nets, and collecting jars. A very old typewriter, a pile of manuscripts, and a medieval bestiary sit on a desk. Potted plants line a shelf as rows of pills, syringes and vials form a medicine chest, and tacked up on the walls are notes, maps, drawings, and a few moving photographs of extraordinary creatures as well as people. What caught Ophelia's eye was a photograph of her, Newt, and her father from when they were in Hogwarts; it caused her to smile as Newt's voice broke her out of her trance "Will you sit down?" he asked Jacob as the man drops onto a crate hand-labeled Moon Calf Pellets "That's good" he replied.

Ophelia looked around as Newt examined Jacob's wound "That's definitely the Murtlap. You must be particularly susceptible. See, you're a Muggle. So, our physiologies are subtly different" he said as he busied himself at his workstation, using plants and the contents of various bottles to create a poultice which he rapidly applies to Jacob's neck "Oww.." Jacob said as Newt sighs "Now stay still." He hands him pills "now that should stop the sweating and that one should sort the twitch" Jacob looks suspiciously at the pills then to Ophelia as she smiled nodding. Finally, he decided that he had nothing left to lose; he swallows them.

Newt took off his waistcoat and bow tie and began chopping hacks of meat off a large carcass before tossing them in a bucket. He then hands the bucket to Jacob "Take that" he said as Jacob looked disgusted. Newt looked at Ophelia who was looking at photos of the different creatures with a look of awe. It brought a smile to his face as he then focused on a spiny cocoon, which he slowly begins to squeeze. As he does so, the cocoon emits a luminous venom, which he collects in a glass vial. Ophelia's attention was caught as she walked to where he was "Is that Swooping Evil?" she asked as he smiled nodding at her.