Chapter One

So it's going to be a mix between my own chapters and the movie/book. Some dates will be fudged a bit.

1926

1926

Somewhere in Europe; a large isolated, derelict chateau emerges from the darkness, outside the building was a cobbled square shrouded by mist as it was eerie and silent. Five figures stand, wands aloft and tentative as they edge towards the building and then an explosion of pure white light sends them flying. Their bodies scattered, lying motionless at the entrance to a large parkland. A lone figure stands as he ignored the lifeless bodies around him staring at the night sky and the moon that hung high.

***

The next morning in New York; a large passenger ship glides in past the Statue of Liberty while seagulls swoop overhead and the passengers lean over the rails, looking excitedly towards the oncoming land. Ophelia watched as the boat docked from a distance; she was given a mission by her father  to keep an eye on a special visitor in New York, keeping him out of the Ministry's eye. Someone who she knew rather well and remembered; Newt Scamander. She would be lying if she didn't say that she kept tabs on the young man; for she often wondered how he was. He was a dear friend to her in school, and she often missed that.

From a distance; she saw a figure wearing an old blue overcoat, weather-beaten, awkward, and wiry as he was carrying a battered brown leather suitcase. She watched him approach the customs as the official who was examining him had him place his suitcase on the table between them. She smiled as he successfully made it through customs. For the moment; she would keep tabs on him as Luna; her dragon would keep an eye on him for the time being. Luna was a very small dragon that could cloak herself; in other words, make herself invisible and because their bond is so strong; Ophelia can apparate wherever Luna was.

Ophelia met with the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement near the City Hall subway; it was a long street of identical brownstone houses, one of which had been reduced to nothing but rubble. A mixture of reporters and photographers milled around in the vague hope of something happening, but without much enthusiasm. She saw one report interviewing an excitable middle-aged man as they move through the rubble. She could hear the conversation "—and it was like a-like a wind or like a-like a ghost but dark" the man stuttered through. Before she could hear any more of the conversation she caught sight of who she needed to see.

Percival Graves; was an early middle-aged man, his demeanor differs from those around him. He was watchful, tightly coiled, and arrogant as an air of intense confidence surrounded him. She didn't like him but she had to respect him since they both work in the Ministry of Magic. Graves took notice of the young Dumbledore as he approached her "I see you made it safely" he said with his hands clasped behind him. She looked at him a moment before looking back at the rubble "You asked my expertise, sir." He nodded a bit at her as they looked at the rubble "Do you think this was a creature?" before she could respond to him the wind begins to pick up, swirling around the building, accompanied by a high-pitched screeching.