Chapter Five

Inside Newt's Case

Inside Newt's Case

"Bugger... The Niffler's gone... Of course, he has, little bugger. Any chance to get his hands on something shiny" Newt mutters to himself annoyed as he pushed a wheelbarrow with Ophelia in tow chuckling at him. "So, what did you wish to speak to me about?" she asked as Newt sighed stopping. He turned to look at her for a moment "Why were you following me?" his tone went serious as she crossed her arms at his question "I need your help with something..." she said softly as she sighed "And this is the first time I allowed you to see me but I've always kept an eye on you" she said softly as she noticed a Doxy near her.

Newt studied her as he walked towards her "Why?" he stood about a foot or two away from her. She could smell the earthly musk he had; it was warm like the sun. She smiled at him " Something happened in New York a few nights ago and also father... asked me to..." was all she said in response; not admitting she was always wondering how he was and that she missed him. Newt nodded in understanding as he moved to feed some Diricawl and her chicks. "Your father has always had a soft spot for me I suppose"

Ophelia watched Newt as he went to another enclosure that held a Nundu- looks exactly like a lion, it has a large mane that bursts forward when it roars. It stands proudly on a large rock, roaring at the moon in the enclosure. Newt scatters food at its feet and with purpose moves on "My father loves you. You were his favorite student" she said softly as she followed behind him. Newt stopped for a moment looking at her; almost as if he wanted to ask something else but decided against it "What was it that you needed my help with?" he asked as he moved to feed another creature. Ophelia debated a moment wondering if she wants to put him in any danger but then again it seems to follow him "Something happened in one of the subways; a few brownstone homes were destroyed by an unknown source. I was there when it happened; it was like an earthquake; there was an invisible force of some sort. It wasn't anything normal. It had to have been a creature; there was a roar, almost ear piercing. I never saw it" she sighed.

Newt could tell she was worried about it "And they called you? Why?" he asked as she looked at him smiling "My specialty is flying creatures

Newt could tell she was worried about it "And they called you? Why?" he asked as she looked at him smiling "My specialty is flying creatures. It's what I am in charge of in the Beast Division" Newt nodded before picking up a creature Ophelia had never seen before, and he could see her excitement "She is a Marmite. Would you?" he handed the infant creature to her along with a bottle "Are you sure?" she looked at him confused but he simply smiled "Of course." He said giving her reassurance as she cradled the luminescent creature with sprouting alien-like tendrils. "Beautiful," she said softly looking at the infant which caused him to smile. She was beautiful to him. He carefully watches Jacob handling the Mooncalves and he simply smiled at the sight; of another kindred spirit.