The Wish (Chapter 1)

Warnings: None

Dream wandered around the multiverse, jumping from Au to Au, helping spread positivity and avoid detection from the person he once knew as his brother, Nightmare

As he wandered around, he entered an Au he'd never seen before. He found himself in an overgrown meadow covered in flowers and long grass, the night sky illuminated by the full moon, stars, and fireflies, all of which together added to the peaceful atmosphere.

He turned his attention to the only structure in the peaceful meadow, an old Wishing Well that stood upon a hill, the moonlight reflecting off its stone and burgundy roof, small flowers and vines grew on it telling him it was quite old.

He climbed up the hill it stood upon to get a closer look at the old structure. There were cracks in the stone, the shingles that gave the roof its color falling off. The Guardian had some G on him, so he thought it would be fun to do what he had seen many do before him; make a wish.

Dream held the G to his chest, his eyes closed as he silently spoke; "I wish for my brother back and for him to feel the love and appreciation I had been given..." he said, opening his eyes as he tossed the G into the old well, the sound of the G hitting the water quickly made its way up to his ears followed by a weird and horrible stench causing him to take a few steps back.

He stood there blankly for a few moments before turning away from the well and making a portal back to his and Ink's home that doubled as the Star Sanses base.

As he walked through the portal, he failed to notice the pair of golden eyes staring at him from the bottom of the grassy hill.

~~~

Dream walked out of the golden portal he had made, a smile appearing on his face as he greeted his friends, "Hey Blue, hey Ink, I'm back." He said, walking towards them, the golden portal closing behind him.

His two close friends looked at him, greeting him with a smile, "Hey Dream, welcome back!" Blue said cheerfully. "Hey, Dream!" Ink said as he proceeded to shove a taco in his mouth, "Blue made tacos for dinner!" he added, his mouth now full.

Dream laughed softly at his friend before he felt his eyes start to grow heavy, a sudden yawn escaped him not long after. His friends looked at him, Ink's left eye turning into a green question mark, the other a blue triangle, "You feel okay there, buddy?" He asked him, knowing it wasn't often for him to feel sleepy.

Dream gave his friend a tired smile, "I'm fine, don't worry, guys." He said, rubbing his eye as another yawn escaped him, "it's probably just because I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately." He reassured them.

Blue got up from the table and made his way towards his friend. When in front of him, he removed one of his blue gloves and placed it on his forehead, "You're little warm..." He said as he backed up from his friend, putting his glove back on.

"R-really, I am?" He said in disbelief as he placed his own hand to his forehead, "It's not often I get sick," he said quietly to himself. Blue nodded, "Yep, you are, go lay down and I'll make you some soup. It shouldn't take me long. I'll bring it up to you when it's done," he said, ushering Dream up the stairs.

He quickly shook his head, "no, no, that won't be necessary Blue, I'm sure it's nothing, there's no need for you to go out of your way to do that for me." He said in protest, but Blue quickly dismissed him. "Dream, the sooner we correct this, the better, now go lay down and rest, okay?"

Dream sighed softly and nodded. There was no point in arguing with him. He was just looking out for him after all, "Okay, Blue, I'll see you both later then." He said as he walked up the stairs.

Blue smiled at his small victory and let out a small, barely noticeable laugh before making his way towards the kitchen, leaving behind Ink, who proceeded to steal Dreams taco.

~~~

Dream walked into his room, closing the door behind him. Using magic to quickly change his clothing into something comfortable before making his way to bed, yawning once more as he laid down. As soon as he felt his head hit the soft pillows the world around him became black.

≿━━━━━━━━༺💫༻━━━━━━━━≾

Characters used in chapter:

Dream belongs to Jokublog

Blue belongs to P0pc0rnPr1nce

Ink belongs to Mye Bi (Comyet)