New Friend! (Chapter 8)

Warnings: Mentions of Violence

In the early hours of the morning, just as the sun was rising over the village, a portal appeared deep in the forest

In the early hours of the morning, just as the sun was rising over the village, a portal appeared deep in the forest. A short child like looking figure with midnight blue hair emerged from the black and purple portal.

As he looked around the forest he felt a sudden wave of relief as he realized the spell had worked. Walking over to a pool of water he looked down at his reflection, smiling softly as he saw the reflection of his past self.

He looked towards the village he had grown to despise over his many years of living. He growled, wishing he could tear everyone in that village apart from limb to limb himself.

He took a deep breath to calm himself, reminding himself this wasn't real and that he had more important things to tend to. Slowly, he made his way towards the village, more specifically, towards the Tree of feelings, knowing he'd be there.

~~~

Void hummed a song to himself as he picked flowers and placed them into a woven basket he had brought with him.

After last night's incident Void had gotten up bright and early to pick flowers for his brother to cheer him up as he always did seem to love flowers, especially white lilies. Unfortunately, he wasn't having much luck finding any.

He got up and dusted himself off before attempting to head back to the village before his brother woke up, but he was stopped by someone.

"Hey, were you looking for these?" The unfamiliar voice asked, turning around he saw someone who looked to be around his age. They were shorter than him and were wearing a light grey blindfold, making their eyes invisible.

When looking at what they were holding he saw the white lilies he had been looking for, "Oh yes I was! Thank you so much!" He said with a bright smile as he took the flowers and placed them into the basket.

"Hi! I'm Void, I don't think I've seen you around here before, are you new?" He asked to which they nodded, "I am, but it seems that I've gotten a bit lost. Do you happen to know the way back to the village?" He asked.

"Sure do! I know this forest like the back of my hand!" Void exclaimed before he took the strangers gloved hand into his, leading him towards the village.

~~~

As they arrived in the village the unknown stranger looked around in disgust. The village was uglier than he remembered, not to mention all the smiling faces of the villagers made his blood boil. His hands curled into tight fists, his knuckles starting to go white.

"Hey, do you want to meet my brother?" Void asked him, snapping him back to reality. As soon as he heard about Wish he enthusiastically responded with a loud 'yes', making Void stop and look back at him. He coughed, "I mean, yes, I'd loved to." He replied more calmly.

Void looked at him suspiciously, "Okay.... Then..." He said before continuing his way to the large tree in the middle of the village.

As they grew closer to the tree the blindfolded stranger could feel excitement building up in him, his heart felt as if it was going a hundred miles per second.

They climbed up the hill and saw Wish under the tree, seemingly to be taking shade from the sun. "Brother!" Void called out, causing Wish to quickly look at him, a wave of relief washed over him when he saw his brother.

Quickly, he got up and met his brother halfway, wrapping his arms around him in a tight hug, "where have you been?!" Wish asked him, worry and fear in his voice.

Void laughed softly as he pulled away from the hug, "Sorry if I worried you, brother, I just knew you've been feeling a little down lately, so I wanted to get you some flowers!" He said with a smile as he held up the basket of flowers he and the stranger had picked for him.

Wish let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in as he took the basket from his brother. "Thank you, Void, I appreciate it. But please, don't ever do that again," Wish pleaded, his eyes filled with the fear and worry he had tried to keep hidden.

"Sorry Wish, I won't do that again, I promise." Void promised him. Wish let out a sigh of relief, "Thank you, brother, but now, that's settled. Who's your friend?" Wish asked a little uncertain as he had never seen the individual before.

Void perked up at the mention of his new friend and nodded excitedly, "Yep! Brother, this is... Uhhh... This is..." Void trilled off, realizing he had never asked for their name.

He looked back at his new friend, noticing a reddish tint on the strangers cheeks as he looked at his brother, he quickly brushed it off thinking it was just because it was hot out.

"What was it again?" He asked, causing his new friend to snap out of their daydream. "I-It's H-Hex," they stuttered out before quickly looking away, seeming to be nervous.

≿━━━━━━━━༺💫༻━━━━━━━━≾

Characters used in chapter:

Wish, Void, & "Hex" all belong to Me (Ali Craft)