A Promise (Chapter 9)

Warnings: None

"I-It's H-Hex," they stuttered out before quickly looking away, seeming to be nervous

"I-It's a p-pleasure meeting you, W-Wish," he said, holding out his hand for Wish to shake, which he reluctantly did as his brother was watching. The reddish tint on Hex's cheeks grew brighter as Wish took his hand into his.

Void looked between the two of them, his eyes narrowing at Hex, his purple eye flashing turquoise for a brief second. He took their arms and separated them, an innocent smile on his face as he laughed, stepping in between Hex and his brother. "Well, you met him, you should probably be going home now. I'm sure your parents are worried about you."

"Umm, no, actually, my... Parents are quite busy with work, and they trust me to take care of myself." Hex said before he slipped past Void to stand next to Wish.

Void laughed again before moving Hex away from his brother once more, whispering as he spoke. "I know what you're up to and I don't appreciate it. Stay the heck away from my brother." Void said, his voice hushed.

"What's up with the sudden hostility, Void?" Hex asked in a hushed voice as he looked in between Void and his brother.

"I don't care how good your intentions are, stay the heck away from my brother. He already has enough on his plate and is barely sleeping as is, the last thing he needs is you flirting with him and messing with his head." Void whisper yelled at him.

"Having trouble sleeping? Even in the dream world he can't escape those nightmares." Hex thought. "Listen, Void, I can promise you I have no intentions to hurt your brother, I have no intentions to use your brother. Even if it meant losing my life, I would never harm him in any way," Hex promised him.

Void continued to glare at him as he spoke, "I'll believe you, for now, but if you try anything and hurt him I'll let you know now it won't be pretty, understood?" Void threatened to which Hex nodded, "understood."

Wish sighed softly as he pinched the bridge of his nose, "You both know I can hear you, right?"

≿━━━━━━━━༺💫༻━━━━━━━━≾

Characters used in chapter:

Wish, Void, & "Hex" all belong to Me (Ali Craft)