A Day Out (Chapter 11)

Warnings: None

"I'll see you later, Brother! Be back soon!" Void yelled at Wish as he made his way down the hill

"I'll see you later, Brother! Be back soon!" Void yelled at Wish as he made his way down the hill. "I will, please don't worry to much about me brother," Wish said with a smile, holding the book Hex had given him close to his chest.

It had been a few weeks since him and his brother had met Hex, but neither of them had seen him since he gave Wish the book.

But the strangest thing was how the villagers stopped picking on him out of the blue, and now, they seemed to be avoiding him at all costs. They still hung around Void, but he's noticed how they've stopped asking him for things and help as frequently.

Wish started heading into the woods that surrounded the village, intending to get some time to himself to think about everything that had been going on as of late.

~~~

After being sure he wasn't followed by anyone Wish let out a sigh of relief as he sat down, his back against a tree as he listened to the birds and the river nearby. Opening the book Hex had given him, he started sketching the scenery, unaware someone had been following him.

Hex walked over to Wish, his footsteps silent despite all the fallen branches and dead leaves lining the forest floor. He looked over Wish's shoulder, smiling softly as he watched him sketch the scenery. "That looks really pretty," he complimented him out of the blue scaring Wish.

Wish quickly closed the book before looking at him, holding the book to his chest, "w-what the hell are you doing here Hex?!" He yelled, blushing out of embarrassment, not being used to people seeing his drawings or sneaking up on him so easily.

Hex laughed softly, "Sorry I scared you, I didn't mean to, truly. I just saw you going into the forest and I guess I was just curious what you were up to. I mean, you're usually the one who stays by the tree we'll Void is the one who goes out." He answered.

"Snuck out again so you hid in the forest and you just happened to find me?" Wish asked, causing Hex to chuckle slightly, "sure, let's go with that," he said quietly causing Wish to look at him confused. "Anyways, that drawing was really pretty, when did you start drawing?" Hex asked him as he sat down.

"Don't change the subject, what did you mean by that-" Wish asked but Hex ignored his question. "How many drawings have you done all ready? Can I see them???" Hex asked him, getting increasingly excited.

Wish sighed softly, realizing he wasn't going to get an answer that easily, "I'll.... Think about it, I'm not used to sharing my drawings with people..." He said, putting the book in his lap and looking away.

Hex pouted but didn't pry for any more information nor beg him to see the book as he could see its contents anytime he wanted he just chose not to.

He moved closer to Wish and sat next to him, "Do you ever feel like, I don't know, you're in a dream?" Hex asked catching Wish off guard. He looked at him, "What do you mean?" He asked.

Hex didn't look at him as he answered, "Does it ever feel like the things around you aren't real? Like you've been dreaming the entire time and just hadn't realized it yet?" He clarified. Wish thought for a moment before going to answer but was stopped by the sudden sound of branches breaking nearby.

Hex quickly got up and looked around before finding the source of the noise, deep in the forest was a tall figure that blended into its surroundings, but the familiar blue-white flames that floated around it help give it away.

Wish got up, about to speak but Hex stopped him, "Wish, run back to the village, now." Was all he said, his voice stern and leaving no room for argument. It was as if a switched flipped and he was now an entirely different person.

"What about-?" Wish started but Hex cut him off, "Wish, I will not say this again, Go. Back. To. The. Village. I'll meet up with you later, I'll be fine." He said sternly, glaring daggers at the unknown figure.

Wish looked at Hex then at the unknown figure. Reluctantly, he listened to Hex and ran back to the village.

≿━━━━━━━━༺💫༻━━━━━━━━≾

Characters used in chapter:

Wish, Void, & "Hex" all belong to Me (Ali Craft)