Home (chapter 13)

Warnings: None

Hex walked through the now quiet and devoid of life village, no more villagers, no more animals, nothing but him and Wish, the real beings, surviving in the slowly crumbling dream

He climbed up the hill that led to the tree of feelings, intending to get Wish and free him from this prison before his time ran out and he'd have to start over.

When reaching the top, he found Wish staring up at the decaying tree. He could see his legs shaking under him, the fear and panic in his eyes hurting Hex's non-existent soul. "Wish," he called out his name softly.

Wish snapped his head towards him, "H-hex, w-what's happening...?" He said, his voice shaky as he spoke, tears running down his face. "W-where's my brother...?" He asked, wrapping his arms around himself in a hug in an attempt to comfort himself.

"I'm sorry, my flower, but none of this was real. You're in the dream world, and it's time to wake up, " Hex explained calmly, but his voice held no emotion as he spoke. "W-What the hell do you mean?" Wish asked as he stepped away from him.

"I know it's hard to understand, but you've been incapacitated for five hundred years and just recently regain some consciousness which allowed this dream to be formed. As fun as it's been reliving my childhood with you, we need to go before the dream falls apart." Hex explained as he held out his hand for Wish to take.

"Why should I believe you?" Wish said as he took a few steps away from him, his eyes narrowing at Hex. "Why should I believe a single thing you say?"

Hex continued to speak calmly as he answered, "Wish, look around you, the world is falling apart, as of this moment no one but us remain. A mind can only keep a dream going for so long until it's done, and as you can see, yours is coming to an end as we speak. It's only a matter of time until it's gone, and you're left in the void of your mind until the dream repeats itself once more."

"I do apologize for saying this, but if you do not come with me willingly I will have to use force, and that isn't something I wish to do but will if it comes to it. Now, my flower, let us go back to reality." Hex said, once again extending out his hand for Wish to take.

≿━━━━━━━━༺💫༻━━━━━━━━≾

Characters used in chapter:

Wish & "Hex" both belong to Me (Ali Craft)