The Mission (Chapter 6)

Before the chapter begins let's all say Happy Birthday to Wish and Void!

I can't believe I've been working on their story for three years now and I'm not anywhere close to done XD

≿━━━━━━━━༺💫༻━━━━━━━━≾
Warnings: None

≿━━━━━━━━༺💫༻━━━━━━━━≾Warnings: None

~Somewhere far away~

A tall man with short midnight blue hair stood on the balcony that overlooked his kingdom. His left hand tightly holding onto the golden necklace around his neck as his cold eyes looked over the kingdom he had ruled over for hundreds of years.

Being brought back to reality by the sound of the door to his room opening, he knew who it was just by the sound of their footsteps alone. "Lucius, is the spell ready yet?" He asked, not bothering to look at him.

"Not yet, your majesty," He answered. He thought carefully about what he was going to say next before speaking again, "I know no matter what I say will change your mind, sir. But are you certain you wish to go through with this? Myself and many others would feel much better if you were to send someone else in your place," he exclaimed, only to earn a sigh from him.

"I know, Lucius, and I appreciate your and the others' concerns, but you must remember, I don't trust anyone besides myself and you with hi-," he stated before being cut off.

"Then let me go in your place sir, I know the percentages of something going awry are low, and I don't doubt your abilities to handle yourself if it were to, but anything can happen in the dream world sir, it's unpredictable, especially with that fox wandering around," Lucius protested, shutting up when his king slammed his fist onto the railing.

"Lucius​​​​​​, as I said, I appreciate your concern, but I want to do this, I have to do this. I've waited over 500 years just to see him again, I didn't get there in time to save him and I couldn't free him, and I know this wouldn't make up for everything I failed to do back then but it's a start, and if anything were to happen to me at least I was trying to do it for him." He said, desperation in his voice as he looked down at his clenched and shaking fist.

Lucius sighed and looked away from him. He knew he wouldn't be able to talk him out of it, he wouldn't listen to a single thing that went against this plan.

"Very well, your majesty, I'll see to it the preparations for the spell are done properly and I shall get you when thay are complete. I do hope to see you back soon and successful in your endeavor, my king." He said before leaving the room. He looked back at him, hoping it wouldn't be one of the last, before closing the door behind him.

As Lucius left the room he sighed once more before looking up at the stars that overlooked his kingdom. "I'll be there soon, my flower, I won't let you fall victim to anyone else ever again..." He said, anger in his voice. He took a deep breath, pausing for a moment to calm himself, "Hang in there, Wish..."

≿━━━━━━━━༺💫༻━━━━━━━━≾

Characters used in chapter:

Unknown King & Lucius Nevermore both belong to Me (Ali Craft)