Brother...? (Chapter 2)

Warnings: Violence(?)

Dream groaned as he was woken up by the bright sun in his eyes

Dream groaned as he was woken up by the bright sun in his eyes. He covered his ears as the sound of the birds chirping made his pounding headache worse.

He turned his body away from the sunlight but was only met with something hard hitting his head, "Ow." He said, his voice slightly raised due to the sudden pain and surprise.

Sitting up he rubbed his head for a few moments before opening one of his eyes to look at what had hit him, raising an eyebrow when he was met with the root of a tree. Slowly looking up, his eyes grew wide in shock, hanging from it were two apples, one black, the other gold.

He looked down and shook his head, thinking he was just seeing things. But they were still there when he looked back, bright as day there they were, the fruit that had both help and destroyed his and his brother's life growing on the tree that was their mother.

He looked around the surrounding area, in both disbelief and panic, the village he had grown up in, the village he had watched build up and burn down was back in front of him again. "W-what...?" he said in disbelief, his voice shaky, "h-how- what- why- ... I'm... I-I'm back... H-how!? N-Nightmare destroyed this place... How is this possible!?" He thought, his mind going through the possibilities.

"Hey freak!" someone yelled, cutting Dream out of his thoughts. He looked towards the voice and was met with the three familiar faces of those who were his childhood 'friends', "Aww, what's wrong?" The Bunny monster said in a baby voice as one of her friends handed her something, "is the baby really that surprised to see us?" She said as she threw what looked to be a rock his way.

Dream's eyes widened as the rock made its way towards his face. Quickly, he dodged the attack and made his way up the tree and hid in its dense leaves in hopes of getting protection from anymore projectiles.

He held his right hand to his chest as he hyperventilated, his heart beating fast enough that he could feel it in his throat. He looked through the leaves to see if they had left, and luckily, they had. He rested his head against the tree as the feeling of relief washed over him. As his heartbeat started to calm, he closed his eyes and said quietly; "thank the stars...."

A second or two had passed before he opened his eyes again and looked around. In his panic he had managed to climb up the golden side of the tree, his pupils dilated as he saw his reflection in the golden fruit.

He looked almost unrecognizable, his eyes, more specifically; his left eye, was now purple with a crystal-like appearance and its sclera now black, his right eye stayed the same.

He was wearing what look to be a purple tuxedo vest with gray-blue sleeves and undershirt, around his neck looked to be some sort of yellow scarf that not only draped itself somewhat in front of the outfit but also seemed to act as a cape as it covered his entire back.

Two purple crescent moons had appeared on his outfit, one on the aforementioned scarf/cape that looked to have a crystal appearance same as his left eye and another as an earring that didn't seem to get the same treatment.

"What the hell.....?" he asked himself quietly, he reached towards the golden apple with his gloved hand only to be stopped by a sudden, yet familiar voice, one he hadn't heard for many years. "Brother~ where are you~?" they questioned in a in a playful manner. He felt his heart stop and his breathing hitched.

In his surprised state he failed to notice himself losing his footing until it was too late. Before he knew it he was laying on his back staring up into the tree he had just fallen from, a dazed look on his face as he groaned in pain.

"Brother!?" they yelled in surprise as they ran towards him, "a-are you all right!?" they asked, concern in their voice as they helped him sit up, their arms helping to support him. After regaining focus Dream looked to the person holding him, quickly recognizing the old yet familiar face in front of him he quietly said; "Brother...?"

≿━━━━━━━━༺💫༻━━━━━━━━≾

Characters used in chapter:

Dream belongs to Jokublog

Nightmare (it was for brief moment but still) belongs to Jokublog