Tricks (Chapter 3)

Warnings: Cursing/Profanity

"You need to be more careful, Brother

"You need to be more careful, Brother." Nightmare said as he wrapped bandages around his arm despite not needing them, "you could've gotten really hurt," he added. He looked up to his brother after he had finished only to realize that Dream had been looking off into the distance, seemingly being in deep thought.

Nightmare puffed out his cheeks in frustration when realizing he hadn't heard a single word he said. Annoyed at this, he grabbed his brothers' shoulders, shaking him as he yelled, "Brotherrrr!" he whined. "Were you even listening to me? Did you hear a single thing I just said!? You could've gotten seriously hurt!"

When he had stopped Dream went to say something but couldn't find the right words, "ehhhh..." was all he could muster up, sweating slightly out of nervousness. Nightmare started to shake him again as he repeated; "Brotherrrr!" In an attempt to stop him from shaking him anymore Dream yelled, "I would hear you a lot better if you would stop shaking me!"

.

. .

. . .

"Oh, sorry brother," Nightmare said as he let go of his shoulders. "Are you okay?" he asked to which Dream responded with an "ugh...." His hand now on his neck as it had started to ache due to Nightmare shaking him so much. He mumbled, "I think you gave me whiplash..." he said earning a confused look from his brother.

"Whiplash? what's that?" he asked but was ignored by Dream who was now resting his head on his knees as he thought about the current situation, "what's going on here? The villagers attacked me, I'm wearing different clothing, my eyes- well, my eye change, and Nightmares acting weird... What if... What if my wish came true...?" He thought hopefully, but he quickly came to terms with that being unlikely, "What am I thinking? This probably is just one of Nightmares tricks."

Nightmare looked at his brother in worry. 'Brother?" he asked as he slowly placed his hand on his brother's shoulder causing him to jump and quickly look towards him, sadness and a hint of fear in his eyes.

Nightmare quickly retracted before apologizing, "s-sorry, brother... I didn't mean to scare you, " he apologized, "I just want to make sure you're all right. How's your head?" He asked.

Dream looked away from him again, "I-I'm fine Nightmare, don't worry about it," he said to which 'Nightmare' gave him a confused look and asked, "Nightmare? Who's Nightmare? Brother, are you sure your head is all right?" he asked, getting increasingly more concerned.

Dream looked towards him, returning the same confused look which only seem to panic him more, 'Nightmare' quickly got up, "o-okay, don't panic, I'll be right back with an ice pack, and probably a villager who knows what they're doing to check on you, just stay there, a-and don't move Wish!" He said before quickly running off into the village to do just that.

Dream held his knees to his chest, his chin resting on them as he looked in the direction his brother ran off in. "Wish? Is that like a nickname or something...?" he thought, "I'm starting to think this isn't one of his tricks... He actually looked generally concerned about my well-being" 'Dream' thought.

"But how? It was just a random Wishing Well out in the middle of nowh-" now realizing what he had just said he couldn't help but feel stupid as he facepalmed at himself, "of course an actual Wishing Well happens to be the one run down and in the middle of butt fuck nowhere! It's storybook 101 Drea-" he paused - "is that even my name anymore? 'Nightmare' called me Wish, so is that my name now? I wonder what 'Nightmares' name is now if that's the case."

.

. .

. . .

. . . .

. . . . .

. . . . . .

Not far from the tree where Wish sat was a small flying 'creature' resembling a blue-white flame watching him, "Aleya, come back," said a voice only the flame could hear. The flame like 'creature' folded in on itself, disappearing without a trace.

≿━━━━━━━━༺💫༻━━━━━━━━≾

Characters used in chapter:

Dream & Nightmare both belong to Jokublog

Aleya & the unknown voice belong to Me (Ali Craft)