Mr Loverman | One

''''''''''

Book 2 Playlist in Description

''''''''''

Previously...

Vee came running out. "Wait! Y/n- Think about it!" She called. "You promised Hunter you'd stay! You promised!"

She breathed hard like her chest hurt from running. "Think about it, Y/n, you go through that portal and everything in your life changes!"

"Hunter didn't tell me!" You said, tears falling. "He lied to me, saying he'll be back! He said it as if he was just going to the bathroom or something! But really, he's leaving for who knows how long?" Your voice shook as you said, "I thought I'd be ready to say goodbye but...I can't! I'm so happy with Hunter..."

"I know, you must be sad, but the moment you enter that portal, your safety is not promised !" Vee said, desperate.

Your tears fell as you looked at the portal, which was starting to flicker. You looked at Vee.

"I'm sorry..." You said, your voice wavering.

You stepped back and fell into the portal.

Vee screamed, "No!" She ran toward it but it flickered and it was gone.

Present

Vee fell to the ground holding the sides of her head. "Hunter's gonna kill me! Hunter's gonna kill me! Hunter's gonna kill me!" She said panicking.

"Uh, Vee?" A voice said. She turned and saw one of her classmates. "Are you okay?"

Vee got up. "Uh! Yeah! Of course! Just fell!"

"Oh, okay. Come on, Jason's doing the limbo!"

"Okay!"

Vee followed the student, looking behind her, where the portal used to be before turning back around and entering the school.

You fell face first into the ground with a yelp. You sat up slightly and saw beige dirt below. You looked around and saw different kinds of trees you never saw at home on the Human Realm.

"Y/n?!" Several voices shouted. 

You turned around and saw your friends. Hunter stood in front of them, mouth open and shock written all over his face.

Shock turned to panic and panic turned to anger. He balled his fists and you got up. "Hunter-"

"Y/n, why are you here?" He cut you off. 

You gulped. "I wanted to come!" You said. 

He covered his face groaning, circling around before stopping to look at you. "You promised you'd stay! You lied to me!" He said angrily. 

"You lied to me too!" You snapped back. "You said you'd be right back! You weren't going to be right back because you were here!"

"I didn't want to ruin your night!" He said his voice raising. "Now you're in the demon realm!"

You balled your fists. "Okay, but it would have been better if you told me about that meeting you had with Eda the night before!"

He widened his eyes. "How do you-"

"Vee told me! After you left the gym? If you had told me the plans about you leaving the next night, I would have been able to process it and would have been able to savor my last night with you! Then I would have said bye to you and waited!"

"But you lied to me!" You said stepping toward him. "And I accidentally lied to you!"

"You shouldn't be here!" He said his palms up and his fingers tensing up. "It's not-"

"Safe? I know! Everyone told me! But- I've been thinking- I can help!" You said. "I'm here now, right? So I can help!"

"NO, YOU CAN'T HELP!" Hunter screamed at you and you flinched slightly as the change of voice. He paused before looking down. "I'm sorry..." He said quietly. "But you can't help us! It's extremely dangerous and the moment the emperor knows you mean a lot to me...and us...he'll target you to get to us..." 

He looked at you. "That's why you need to go back- so you can be safe."

Hunter didn't wait for you. He looked at Eda. "Can you temporarily open that portal again?" He asked her.

Eda, who was quiet and staring at the strange human muttered, "My titan there's more of them...I-I mean- No...we can't, not until we get King back..."

Luz looked at Eda. "What? I thought King was here with you?" She said. 

Eda looked away. "He was...until...last week. The emperor sent Odalia to capture him. She did while we sleep and took him. We're not able to do anything unless to have a plan...I've come up with a plan to get Amity, the twins, and King back at the same time, but I needed backup. Now that you guys are here, we can go through with the plan."

Luz nodded. "Okay! Let's get in the house and-"

"Wait." Hunter said. He turned to you. "You're staying in the house, you're not joining us on our missions. You'll hang out with Hooty and Lilith. You are not to under any circumstances leave the Owl House! Got it?"

You pressed your lips together. "Fine." You said angrily before looking away and crossing your arms. 

Hunter rolled his eyes. "Y/n, you're sixteen, stop pouting."

You flushed. "Hunter-"

"No, I'm mad at you right now, so go. Into the house."

You looked down before following Luz. She looked at you concerned, before turned back to Eda. It's quiet as Gus and Willow followed the two in front. 

You felt someone touch your hip before kissing your cheek. "I'm not breaking up with you." Hunter whispered. "I'm just really upset with you right now. Just let me calm down." 

You nodded, not looking at him. Hunter pulled his arm away from you before going up to Eda. "Is Kikimora in my place or..?"

You watched him, sad. Maybe this was a mistake.