Mr Loverman | Eleven

A little different from King's Tide

No collector sadly :(

Your eyes opened. Today's the day. 

You look to the side to see Hunter sitting next you your sleeping bag, his eyes on the window. In his lap was Astrid, and Flapjack.

His hand was on yours. He looked worried, and serious.

You reached and grabbed his hand. "Morning, mi amor,"

He looked you startled and his tense look turned soft. "Good morning mi vida," He said squeezing your hand.

You sat up stretching. "Today's the day, huh?" You said. 

Hunter nodded and said, "Y/n, you don't have to come if you don't want to. This can be really dangerous,"

You smiled at him. "Really? You think I'm gonna leave you to deal with yourselves?" You asked. "No, I'm coming and I'm gonna help you save your home."

He leaned and kissed you a soft as he could. "Please be safe, Y/n." He almost pleads. "I love you too much to lose you..."

You laced your fingers with his. "I promise, I'm going to be safe. Will you be safe?" You asked.

"Yeah," He nodded before pressing his forehead to yours. "I promise,"

Luz came in, this time, not bright or happy. Serious. "Come on guys. Get on your cloaks and get your palisman and glyphs. We leave in twenty."

You got up and looked around, looking for your cloak. It wasn't in the chair you left it on when you got back from Hexside.

Hunter said, "Wait," and he rushed out the room and soon came back with your cloak. "I washed it cause I noticed there was dirt on it," 

you took it gingerly and landed a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you, mi amor," You said smiling.

He flushed and grinned at you. "Thank you-" he blurted.

You laughed. "You sure like thanking me for kissing you." 

He covered his mouth, his cheeks turning to a light pink and his pointed ears doing the same, "It's a habit," he whined slightly. 

"A cute habit," 

"It's not cute!"

You laughed slightly and said, "Well, I have to get ready. And so do you." 

Hunter nodded and kissed your temple on your head. "I'll see you down stairs," he said gently before leaving. 

The door shut with a click and you hugged your cloak to your face. 

You put on some clean clothes and slipped on the cloak. You grabbed Astrid, and she laid on your shoulder. You stuffed your glyphs in your pocket before heading downstairs.

"Eda," you heard. You turned the corner and saw Luz and Eda by the table. "When you go with Raine and Darius, will you promise to be okay?"

Eda looked at her. "Of course, kiddo. I'll try. Try to stay safe, Luz,"

"Okay..."

You go over to Hunter who clipped a fanny pack around his waist. You tugged at it slightly and Hunter looked at you startled.

"Oh, it's just you," he said relaxing slightly. He caught your arm, "Do you have everything you need?"

You nodded, "Mhm,"

"Glyphs?" He said firmly. "Do you have your glyphs?"

You laughed. "Yeah! I do,"

"Water?" He added quickly. "So you can stay hydrated?"