Mr Loverman | Ten

The Collector is done with your shit

Authors note: Eda held on to everyone's palisman while they were gone!

Turning Red reference

"Alright guys, this is how we're going to save the Boiling Isles from the evil Emperor Belos!" Luz said, determined. "We leave tomorrow at dusk!"

You sat in front of Hunter as he taught you new moves on how to fight- using something called glyphs.

He drew a symbol on paper and said, "This is how Luz, Eda, Lilith, and I use magic." Hunter said carefully. "And Gus and Willow sometimes," He added looking up. 

He smiled at you. "It's very important that you draw them correctly or they might not work." He tapped the symbol he made and a light blue flower grow out the paper. Hunter picked the flower put it behind your ear.

You flushed a darker shade of (s/c) as you smiled. He put the pencil in your hand saying, "Now, you try." 

You took the pencil and looked at the symbol he made. You copied it, looking over a few times. You finished and looked at him. "So...I just tap it?" You asked curiously. 

Hunter nodded eagerly. "Yeah!"

You glanced at the glyph and tapped it lightly. Another flower, pink and orange, came out and you looked at it, lighting up. 

You picked it and thumbed the petals. This was made out of magic!

You grinned at him. "Hunter, I did magic!" You said jumping up. He stood laughing. 

"Mhm! Now, all we have to do is make a ton of these so in case we get separated, you have a way to defend yourself," Hunter said catching your hand.

You stepped closer to him and slipped your flower behind his ear. He blinked and smiled. "Oh- Thank you..." He said.

You leaned in and kissed him. He closed his eyes and kissed you back. 

You pull away after a few seconds and said, "Then let's get to work!" 

For three hours straight, Hunter taught you different types of glyphs, and what happens when you combine them. 

Then, you both made enough glyphs to use for the mission tomorrow. 

"And done!" You said finishing final glyph to use tomorrow.

Hunter touched your wrist. You looked at him confused. Worry was written on his face. "Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

He laced his fingers with yours. "Promise me you're gonna be okay. Promise me you won't get hurt or...worse."

You studied him. "I won't-" You started.

"Y/n, promise me! I can't lose you." He said quickly. "I love spending time with you...I love being with you. I don't want that to be taken away."

You smiled a little and squeezed his hand. "I'll promise..." You started slowly. "If you promise the same."

Hunter looked at you and nodded. "Okay." He said quietly. 

You brought both of your connect hands up and kissed his. "I promise to stay safe. You?"

He smiled, blushing. "I-I promise to stay safe too."

You nodded. "Great. We should get something to eat." You said, and stood. You pulled Hunter up and you both walk out the room for some food.

"Y/n! Hunter!" Luz said coming up to you and Hunter. "My palisman egg hatched!" 

You looked at her confused. "What's a palisman?" You asked. 

Hunter looked at you. "A palisman is sort of your companion that you can have to help you do magic and stuff. It can become your best friend. I have a palisman too."

You grinned. "Wow! That's so cool!" 

Luz smiled. "You know, the Bat Queen, who has extra palisman, is coming over tonight to do some business with Eda. We can try and get you one!"

You lit up. "For real?!"

Luz nodded. "She should be here any--"

"I HAVE ARRIVED!"

"I see, you want a palisman." The Bat Queen said, eyeing you. She was about to leave after finishing some business with Eda when you stopped her.

You tensed under her gaze and nodded. "Yeah!" 

She watched you and said, "Very well. I have a nest outside right now. I was going to take them to get fresh air after I stopped by." She turned. "Come."

You looked back at Hunter and Luz. They gave encouraging thumbs up and waves. You followed the Bat Queen and saw a next in a shape of and egg. Around it was a pen to keep the animals in. 

You opened your mouth, stars in your eyes. So cool!

The Bat Queen spoke, "These little ones haven't had homes in many years. They want to feel a connection," She looked at you.

You tilted your head. "A connection." You murmured.

"Kneel and state you deepest wish, young one." She told you. "And your like-minded partner will find you."

You knelt down and looked at all the palismen. "My deepest wish?" You asked. 

"Yes. What do you want?"

You looked at the palismen for a long moment before saying, "I want to protect the ones I love from any danger, no matter what." You said firmly. 

The Bat Queen smiled. "Similar to your friend Willow." She said. "Astrid gives her support."

A red panda came up to the front of the pen and you picked it up. "Whoa-" It turned to a staff and you gasped. "This is so cool."

The Bat Queen studied you. "Your friend, Luz, she had a hard time finding her own palisman because she wasn't sure what she wanted. I'm surprised you found one almost immediately."

You smiled. "Thank you so much, Bat Queen!"

She waved you off. "Go on inside, young one, I have to get them home."

You nodded. "Thank you!" You said again and rushed inside waving. Hunter turned as you opened the door. 

Hunter and Luz lit up as they saw you hold a palisman. "I got a red panda!" You said excitedly. Hunter ran up to you and picked you up, hugging you and spinning. He set you down. 

"That's amazing!" Luz said running up to you. "What's its name?!"

You grinned. "Her name is Astrid!" You said. Astrid turned back to her animal form and Luz squealed.

"She's so cute!"

Hunter pet it softly. "I'm happy you got one!" He said smiling. 

You held your palisman close to you. "I'm so happy! Let's show Eda and everyone!"

 "I'm so happy! Let's show Eda and everyone!"