♣️33.

"Aankhein meri har jagah
Dhoondhe tujhe bewajah
Ye main hoon ya koi aur hai meri tarah"
She sang looking directly at him. He was sitting opposite her staring at her intensly . She sat on a bar stool singing and playing a guitar. She looked so beauitful that he couldn't take his eyes off. Her voice was a bliss too .
"Kaise hua, kaise hua
Tu itna zaroori kaise hua
Kaise hua, kaise hua
Tu itna zaroori kaise hua "
She completed and he strolled closer to her . She kept the guitar aside keeping her hand on his forwarded one. He twirled her so that she was in his arms now
"Waise , What's the special occasion ? Why did you call me to my home early ? " She asked placing a kiss on his cheeks.
" You'll know " He said softly looking at her . He looked over her at something . She was turning too but he held her head stopping her and kissing her head. Still looking over her at pratik who was standing behind with party poppers and maasi who had cake in her hand
, he smiled and gestured them to switch on the lights. The lights switched on and a loud cheer of Happy Birthday to you ran through the house . She stoppd there speechless as pratik popped the poppers and Jessica and Omi helped maasi with the cake. He shook her a little but she remained numb. He shook her again this time his smile slowly disappearing .
" What happened ? did you not like the surprise ? " He asked afraid and she masked her expressions . " No , Ofcourse i liked it . Thankyou Sunny " She smiled but it didn't reach her eyes. Standing on her tip toes she dropped a kiss on his chin .
" Hello love birds , hogaya ho toh cake cut kare ? " Jessica interrupted him from asking her anything further. Teja cut the cake along with him and fed the first bite to Pratik . He smiled at both of them . She fed cake to him next and he did the same.

Teja sneaked into the balcony letting fresh air hit her. Her fake smile dropped as she sat on the edge of the railing . she raised her head to look at stars.
" Do you also believe people become stars when they die ? " She asked him soflty when she felt his presence
" I had a friend who told me that my mom and dad never left. They are in those stars looking at me " She said and then looked at him . Karan stared at her . She was neither crying nor was she smiling at the mention of her parents. Does she really controls her emotions so well ?
" He lied didn't he ? I grew up and learnt what exactly stars are. But i still keep looking at them just in case they are still watching me " He squeezed her hand as he felt the deep pain behind a line she said casually. She never showed but she did long for her parents
" You were upset because they are not here with you ? " He caressed her face with his knuckles taking her into his arms .
" I have never celebrated my birthday since they are gone . Only pratik's birthday is celebrated ."
" Why didn't you say anything outside then ? "
" You had put in so many efforts and jessica and omi did come for me , i didn't want to create a scene " She added
" Looks like the ice queen does have a heart afterall" She smiled at the joke . It had become an inside joke between them now. They both knew she was more than just a heartless bitch that he had thought of her at the first meet .

****

" Ahh , My head hurts" She groaned in pain .
" No, No no going back to sleep . Get up . I already gave you an hour extra sleep" He pulled her hand but she didn't budge. Sighing he pulled again but this time she pulled him to her. Falling beside her on the bed , He stared at her sleepy face
" Laddoo , Mera baby Uth ja na baba " He squished her cheeks by kissing them but she snuggled more into him wrapping him in her arms .
" You also sleep na sunny "
" We have to go bachha" He carressed her hair smiling
" Let's stay in. I want to cuddle you all day "
"sachhi?"
"Haa, Bhot pyaar arahi hai mujhe tujhpe" She mumbled and he smiled snuggling more closer .