Stealthy Apple Picking

Elle slipped by another set of students, quietly flitting down the hall. It was easy enough to stay in the shadows of a place like this. It was still fairly early in the morning, so everyone who was actually awake was more preoccupied looking for their classes, or just looking around at the unfamiliar architecture, than looking at the other students. Getting to the courtyard was simple enough.

There were maybe two or three students in the area, but they weren't anywhere near the apple tree she was aiming for, so she didn't care. She slunk behind the bushes, rising up once she was safely behind the large tree. Not wasting any time, she quickly grabbed the lowest branch, hoisting herself up until she was as high up as she could safely go. It only took a moment for her to pick five bright red apples. She picked an extra each for Grim and Yu, figuring they would be more hungry than her.

Her job done, she started carefully descending the tree, but paused once she noticed a student on one of the benches. He had silver hair, and looked pretty soundly asleep. Didn't he have classes to go to? It didn't really seem like anyone would be coming to wake him up anytime soon, either. That...probably wouldn't be the best way to start the school year.

That being said, she couldn't just walk up to him and wake him up herself. After all, she was pretty sure she wasn't allowed in this area, and she wanted to keep the apples she gathered...wait a moment. She glanced down at the apples in her arms, then over at the boy.

...It was a stupid idea, but it could work.

Elle climbed down to one of the lower branches, as close to the boy as she could get without leaving the cover of the foliage. She tucked the apples she had gathered under her right arm, then plucked another with her left.

Mentally crossing her fingers and hoping this wouldn't come back to bite her, she lobbed the apple at the sleeping student, hitting him squarely in the stomach.

...

Out of all the ways Silver had been woken up before, 'apple to the stomach' was certainly a new one. He sat up quickly with a gasp, glancing around, immediately on guard. He couldn't see anyone, but he could faintly feel someone's presence. Whoever woke him up, they were hiding.

After a minute passed by with no further movement, he cautiously crouched down, picked the object off the ground, dusted it off, and examined it. It was...just a regular apple. Huh...? An apple to the stomach hardly counted as anything close to an attack or assassination attempt, so he doubted the person was a danger to him.... actually, all it really did was wake him up. Maybe that was the goal? He wanted to at least express his thanks for that, in that case.

"I know you're there. Please come out."

"..."

Silence. Looks like they truly planned to remain hidden. He scanned the courtyard once more, this time spotting the slightest hint of gold in a nearby apple tree. Ah. There he was. That made sense, considering the apple and all. He turned to the tree, bowing in gratitude.

"Thank you for waking me. I will be off to class now."

And with a curt nod, he turned to do just that. He would respect the privacy of this mysterious apple student this time. Just to return the favor. He lifted up the apple they had thrown at him, and took a bite.

It was sweet.

...

Well, that was far too close for comfort! Elle dashed down Main Street, clutching the apples to her chest. She could have sworn that student was staring directly at her; it scared the daylights out of her. Luckily, he left after a while. She was still somewhat caught on his eye color. What...color did they constitute as? His eyes were some kind of gradient, and she would happily admit they were beautiful. She just couldn't decide whether they were blue, pink, or both.