Event: Halloween Haunt (part two)

I would like to quickly note before we start: Event stories are noncanon stories that take place in some nebulous void after the main story but before anyone moves up a year. Which is somewhat impossible. For instance, this story, if it were to follow the timeline of the main story, would take place during or slightly after the savanaclaw arc, yet everyone already knows each other and some characters have undergone changes that happen later in the timeline.
This is a very over-complicated way to say, the characters will act as if they've already met, and the timeline is busted so don't try to make sense of it.

That is all for now! I will say more words to you at the end of the chapter! Enjoy!

~~~

A month passed in the blink of an eye, and now there were only eight days until Halloween.

"Are all Halloween management committee members present?"

The headmage glanced around the classroom at the assembled students.

"All Pomefiore students are here." Vil reported.

Cater raised his hand in the air. "Heartslabyul's accounted for! Deucey got here an hour early, even." Said first year straightened up, not expecting to be called out like that.

"Wow! That's some dedication. I'll have to kick it up a notch. Ha ha!" Kalim laughed, practically bouncing in his seat.

Azul adjusted his glasses before folding his arms. "Speaking of dedication, it's not every day I see you in the flesh and not by way of video call, Idia."

Said introvert simply leaned back in his seat, smirking. "Whee hee hee... Yeah, I've got something to show you guys after this."

"Is this everyone?" Jack asked, scanning the room.

"Malleus is ostensibly a committee member, but..." Lilia trailed off. He placed his hands on his hips. "Silver and Sebek are out searching for him as we speak. I'm sure he'll be here any minute now."

"Someone forgot to invite him, I take it. Again." Vil sighed.

As if on cue, the classroom door swung open, revealing the draconic fae in all his glory. "Hello. Sorry I'm late."
His eyes swept over the room, and strangely fixed on one particular spot, not too far from the group. "Ah, hello, songstress. I did not expect to see you here as well."

The room fell into a confused silence, sans one Heartslabyul freshman, who sank into his seat. Malleus very slightly tilted his head.

"Ah, hey Firefly. I was wondering when someone would notice me." A familiarly light voice said.

All eyes immediately zeroed in on the source, finding one Ellinor Oswald politely sitting at a desk just a short distance away from the others.

"Wah! Ellie? When did you get here?" Kalim cried, his excitement conflicting harshly with his shock.

"An hour earlier than pretty much everyone else."

"Wait, so..." Cater spoke up, glancing over to his underclassman who was currently making a valiant attempt to fuse into his seat, "Does that mean you showed up at the same time as Deuce?"

The girl nodded in confirmation.
"Yup. I asked him to let me sit in on meetings, since Crowley never assigned anyone from Ramshackle. I had to stay in the loop somehow."

The headmage wisely did not speak up, instead turning his head to the side to stare at nothing in particular while backing slowly away from the group.

Vil folded his arms, raising a skeptical brow. "Wouldn't it have been more practical to start attending meetings earlier, in that case?"