Explanation Galore

"Before you get into the other dorms, I wouldn't mind learning a bit more about ours. Like, what's the deal with all this 'Queen of Hearts rule number whatever' junk?"

Well. Elle could have answered that one for him off of basic context clues. She didn't say anything though, and patiently waited for Cater's response. Contrary to her expectations, It was Trey who spoke first.

"I'm sure you're familiar with the legendary Queen of Hearts already? She had to rule over a kingdom of weirdos, and did it by emphasizing order and making strict rules." He stated plainly.

"Our dorm, Heartslabyul, is an homage to her." Cater took over the explanation, "By tradition, we wear armbands with the red and black of the Queen's dress, and we live by the rules she created."

"Pfft. Can you make me any more bored?"
Grim, who was out of food and currently eyeing the rest of Yu's lunch, had already lost interest in the conversation. Elle began stroking his head, hoping she wasn't overstepping and that it would give him something to focus on. Whether he knew he was doing it or not, the creature leaned into her touch.

"Now, the degree to which we adhere to the rules depends on the sitting housewarden. Past wardens have been much more lax." Cater continued on. Trey adjusted his glasses before taking over. Elle thought it was impressive, the way they bounced off each other.

"Riddle though? He doesn't mess around. Basically, you could say that we're honoring that tradition to the utmost extent possible."

Ace sagged in disappointment. "Bleah. Just my luck."

"Sorry about it, Ace." Elle said quietly. Ace didn't respond, meaning she wasn't loud enough for him to hear. She didn't bother repeating herself.

"So, how about the other dorms? What are they like?" Yu asked tentatively. He didn't really like the way Cater was glancing between them like he was just handed a shiny new toy or something, which is why he directed his question at Trey. At least he wasn't looking at Elle and him like they were rubik's cubes.

"As Cater mentioned earlier, the dorms of this school are themed after the Great Seven," he glanced at the Ramshackle trio, "though, I guess I can't expect a monster and two people from another world to know about the Great Seven, can I?"

Grim and Yu immediately looked over at Ace. "...We were given a basic rundown."

Trey raised an eyebrow. Clearly there was a story there, but he wasn't sure he wanted to hear it. "Well, that works well enough for the explanation. So, we have our dorm, Heartslabyul, modeled after the strictness of the Queen of Hearts."

Heartslabyul...so the first part is obviously "Heart", as in the card suit, meaning "Labyul" was... well, it sounded similar enough to "labyrinth", so it was most likely in reference to the rose maze. Elle turned the information over in her mind, despite being fairly sure she would never use it for anything.

"To run down the rest of them for you, we have..." he began counting on his fingers, "Savanaclaw, based on the King of Beasts."

Okay, that one was self explanatory. So that was the...lion dorm? Most likely.

"Octavinelle, based on the benevolent heart of the Sea Witch."

She wasn't sure about the "vinelle" part, but octa she did know meant eight. Though, it was most likely referring specifically to "octopus" considering the context. Actually, factoring that in, couldn't the octa also refer to octave?....Did that imply that mermaids existed in this world? Probably. That was neat to think about.

"Scarabia, based on the mindful personality of the Sorcerer of the Sands."

...Scarab and Arabia, maybe? That raised way too many questions, especially considering that country most certainly did not exist here. She also wasn't sure if scarabs had any relevance, so she was probably wrong on that one.