A Sigh of Relief

Yu and Grim returned a few minutes later with a stack of papers, three envelopes, and two matching victorious grins.

"We got it! All three payments!"

"Myah ha ha! That bird didn't stand a chance! Of course, he was doomed the moment he dared cross Grim the Great!"

"Grim, you didn't even say anything, and he didn't exactly fight us on it. I just asked a few questions."

The monster ignored him, and instead leapt onto the ground, happily humming. Elle pushed off from the wall she was leaning on to approach her dorm mates.

"You really got it?" She subconsciously relaxed. "What a relief... Um, what are all the papers for?"

"Ah, these?" He waved the stack back and forth, making a soft flapping noise. "They're paperwork. Forms for student IDs and uniforms and stuff. He said to fill them out and turn them in to someone called Crewel?"

Well, that name sure screamed trustworthy. Elle wasn't looking forward to meeting them.

"By....By tomorrow?"

"By tonight. He said that he'll probably be up by now."

"Yikes. Well, I know what we're doing when we get back."

Deuce cleared his throat, drawing the attention of the group.

"So, did you guys get everything sorted out?"

"Yup! we're good to go, now, Thanks for waiting!" Yu replied.

"I think I can point out someone who ISN'T waiting." Ace quipped, jabbing his thumb over at Grim, who was already skipping down the hall.

"Ah- Grim! Wait for us!" Called Deuce. He scrambled to catch up with the monster, Yu not far behind. Elle trailed behind them, already mentally budgeting their funds.

So firstly, food. Not only did she promise Grim, but food was also necessary to not die. Food was top priority. Second....hm. Probably soap. And maybe shampoo. Brushes would also probably be good. Assuming they had funds after that, trash bags. Trash bags and cleaning supplies. The trash bags could also be used to block out the rain and wind, so they should probably be higher priority than the brushes...

"What'cha thinking so hard about?" Elle blinked in surprise as she turned to Ace. How had she not noticed him? She was usually much more aware of her surroundings than this.

"Oh, um, budget. Figuring out what to buy first."

"Going on a shopping spree?"

"Absolutely not. We just need pretty much all the essentials since neither of us happened to pack a suitcase into our coffins."

"Sucks for you."

"Sure does. Hey, do you know if there's anywhere we can buy cleaning supplies and stuff?"

Ace was caught off guard by her blunt agreement and abrupt subject change. He had a feeling he would ever be able to accurately predict what would come out of her mouth.
"Uhh.... I think they mentioned a school store during orientation. You know, before Grim torched the place."

"Perfect. Thanks love." She patted him on the shoulder twice before passing him to meet up with the rest of the group. She could figure out where it was on her own. Talking to Ace had actually helped quite a bit. She felt much better now that she had a plan of action.

Ace's eyes widened. Did she just...? He felt his face warm, and quickly slapped his cheeks a couple times. Nope. Nope. We aren't doing this today. No way. Not dealing with that. No sir. It's just cause he's tired. That's gotta be it. Cool. Everything is cool and fine.
After he had successfully fought off his emotions with a stick, he hurried to catch up with the others.