Intermission: Ink Stained Eclipse

I AM SO SORRY I LOST TRACK OF TIME

The next chapter isn't finished yet, but I don't want to leave you guys with nothing, so I'm giving you this little summary of an AU of this fic that I've had in my brain for a while. As soon as the next chapter is published, I'll move this over by the event stories so it doesn't interrupt the flow of the story. Again, I'm really sorry about the delay, but I hope this is better than nothing.

Warning: This AU contains a whole lot of Angst! Please keep that in mind before you read.

~~~

Marie:
- Specializes in light magic and animal linguistics
- Excels in most fields of magic
- Went to a prestigious all girls magic school for almost a year, was allowed special admission to Royal Sword Academy in order to be closer to her sister
- Signature Spell: Till the Clock Strikes Midnight
- When this spell is cast, whatever it is used on is preserved in time. It does not decay or rot, though it can grow. A silver clock ticks down, and once the hands reach midnight, the spell breaks. It takes a lot of mana, so this spell usually lasts for a maximum of an hour, and can only be used once a day.
Ellinor:
- specializes in ice magic and practical magic
- Average learning speed in most fields, but has an exceedingly large pool of mana
- Ran away from home and broke into Night Raven College, disguised as a male student. Attended for almost a full year. Still remains on campus.
- Signature Spell: Silly Symphony
- When this spell is cast, a radius around the user becomes magically charged to respond to song. The range of the radius depends on the amount of magic used. When in this field, song and dance exponentially boost the power of spells. Stronger emotional connection to songs give more power. This field can be taken advantage of by anyone within its radius, however only one song can be boosted at a time. Volume, emotion, number of singers, and desperation all factor in on priority.

Background

The Oswald family is a famous family of mages. Their daughter Marie is said to be one of the top prodigies of her generation. She has a twin sister with massive reserves of mana, but she isn't seen much.

Ellinor grew to hate how her sister easily surpassed her in every field, and despised how her parents never looked at her. Her one advantage was her mana reserves. It was the only thing she had more of. She clung to it like a lifeline. She holed herself away in her room, studying magic, and discovered her signature spell at an astounding age of thirteen. She practiced singing and magic, determined to be a better mage than her sister. She rarely saw her, much less spoke to her.

Then, her sister was accepted into the magic school Ellinor applied for. And she wasn't. She couldn't understand. She had no way of knowing her parents never sent her application. She was crushed. She was angry. So she started plotting. She needed to get into the best magic school there was, better than her sister's. There was only one possible option. Night Raven College. (She ignored Royal Sword. She would be the one to finally beat Royal Sword.)

Of course, the obvious issue there was that Night Raven was an all boys school, and she did not identify as a boy, last she checked. The other issue was that there was no application process. You simply had to hope a carriage would arrive for you one day. Screw that. She would make it work.

So, stealing whatever money she could find and packing a bag, she cut her hair short and left it on her bed as a message. Then, she ran off for sage island.

On the way, she used the money she had for a fake pair of glasses, a few loose fitting outfits, and a binder. She also got some basic school supplies.

Eventually, she made it to the island, snuck onto campus, and walked straight up to the headmage. She pleaded her case, demonstrated her abilities, and slapped a wad of cash on his desk for good measure. It was enough. She was allowed to attend, but only if she stayed in the top 10 of her class, kept her gender a secret, and was alright with not being sorted into a dorm. She agreed, and Oswald Cinders was enrolled in Night Raven College and placed in the Ramshackle Dorm.