Event: Halloween Haunt (part one)

Hi! So! Quick note before we start! I...may have bitten off a bit more than I can chew on this one. I only got about four chapters in ^^;
I'm not about to leave you guys empty-handed, though, so I'm giving you what I've written so far.

If you all want me to, I will continue writing the Halloween event, but it will make Heartslabyul take longer. I leave the decision in your hands.

Sorry for the unfinished work, but I hope you enjoy what I do have written!

~~~

Well, another school day had come to an end, if the buzzing chatter of students was any indication. Elle paused in her work, looking up from the pile of textbooks she was quality checking. She'd made it about halfway, so it was a good enough stopping point, in her opinion. She moved the pile into a corner of the storage closet she knew wouldn't be disturbed and stretched. Time to clock out and head back to Ramshackle to watch Yu finish destroying Grim at that new game they got the other day.

As she made her way back, she noticed the student body seemed a bit more energetic than usual. How strange. She absently wondered what all the excitement was about. Whatever, if it's this widespread, she'd hear about it sooner or later, whether she wanted to or not.

...

Well. Judging by the strings of floating lanterns and the giant bright red eastern dragon in their front yard, she was about to learn what was going on. It was October, so maybe....well, she didn't want to get her hopes up. The carved pumpkins were pretty supportive of her theory, though.

"Look, there's Elle! Heeeey!"

The easily recognizable voice of Grim rang through the air as he approached the dorm. Yu waved as he followed behind him.

"Hey Elle, how was....woah."

Yu's sentence was cut short as his focus was quickly redirected to the new decorations.

"Yeah, I know right?"

"AAAH! A monster!"

Elle raised a hand up. "Grim, it's just-"

"Don't just stand there, guys! CHEESE IT!"

Grim was ready to bolt, she could tell. Luckily, or unluckily depending on how you look at it, a certain Diasomnia student appeared behind him.

"Ah, you're here."

"GAAAH! Another monster behind me!"

Elle shook her head. Looks like Mr. Vanrouge was teleporting again. At least he'd learned not to do that to her anymore. Yu was not as fortunate as she was, though. He jumped slightly before whirling around to face the floating man.

"Khee hee hee! That's the reaction I like to see. You got home quicker than I was expecting."

Grim squinted, then pointed at him accusatorially.
"Wait, I know you. You're the guy from Diasomnia who keeps poppin' up places upside-down!"

"I hope you are happy with the legacy you have created, Mr. Vanrouge."

"Oh, I am! Though I have told you before that Lilia's fine, dear."

"Yeah, you have."

"..."

"What're you even doin' here?" Grim piped up. "Wait, we got better things to do than stand around chatting! We gotta get away from that colossal monster!"

"Grim..."

"Oh, relax." Lilia said nonchalantly, waving a hand at the fire monster. "It's an imitation made out of papier-mâché."