Grown Up Time

"Thanks for paying, Karma!" Kameron smiles.

"Yeah, thanks Akabane." you follow.

"Huh, still not calling me Karma yet? You call Nagisa by his first name so what's the deal with me?" Karma whines.

You roll your eyes and continue to sip on your drink that Karma just bought for you.
"Maybe it's because I just really hate your face. Though I know that won't surprise you. But to me your skin is one giant wart and your laughs one big snort and you stink so in short, I despise you." you say nonchalantly with little to no emotion.

"Is that anyways to treat the person who just bought you f/d?" he says, seemingly unaffected by your words.

"I thought you buying me this was you apologizing for what you said at the cliff? Plus, you know I pretty much have to despise you." you say while your other friends sweat-drop at the situation.

"How so?" Karma replies.

"You really think my brother would like us hanging out? And with my own experience of meeting you,I personally think that you're a disgrace to the human race, because you're more like a mosquito. I'd really actually prefer a dentist and drill than you swine in the swill. And if you were a bill, I would veto." Karma lightly snickers while you finish talking.

"Harsh." Kam pats Karma's back.

"And if the world were perfect, you would be gone without a trace. But since the world could never be that great, I'll just hate your stupid face!" you shoot a forced smile.

"Huh, so want me to walk you home?" Karma stops walking and smiles.

"You really are delusional, aren't you?" you stop and look back at him.

"Alright, I don't know what's going on here, but me and Nagisa are gonna go back home." Kam puts his hands on his hips. "We found out yesterday that we live in the same apartment complex."

"Oh, that's lucky," you give a small smile, "I'll see you guys tomorrow!"
"See ya, guys!"

"So, princess, you ready to head off?"

"I already told you not to call me that."

...

"You can stop following me now, Akabane." you glare at him. He looks at you confused and stops along side you. "What do you mean? I go this way too." Karma says simply.

"Actually?" you quirk a brow to make sure the red head wasn't teasing.

"I'm not lying. We probably live on the same side of town, we're both rich,right? My parents happen to be really wealthy as well. Unfortunately, it also means they aren't around much." Karma continues walking while you follow slightly behind.

Instead of responding with some snarky comment like you normally would, you stayed silent. You acknowledge the fact his parents aren't home much, so saying something snarky and rude might sting a bit to him...even after all the callous things you said before, you could tell that this might hit a nerve.

"That's a surprise."

"What is?"

"You didn't say something snarky, you starting to like me or something?"

"Maybe I didn't want to waste my words on you. Ever think of that, Alphabet boy?"

"Ooo a new nickname. Better than you only calling me Akabane I guess."

"How'd I know that it would only feed your ego?"

"If you knew, why would you still say it?"

"Just be quiet already."