End-of-term Time/Second period

Instead of walking home with Karma, you decided to stop by the main campus. You wanted to make sure you got all the same study materials as your brother. In previous years, he was able to get his hands on extra study guides no one else had.

You went into the student council room only to find Gakushu's friends. But no Gakushu.

"Where's my brother?" you say still in the door way.

"Wow, we haven't seen you in months and that's the first thing you say? No hello?" Koyama laughed dryly.

"All of us here know we're not friends. Now where's my brother?" you step forward.

"Fine fine. He was called into a meeting with your father." Araki speaks up.

You sigh, knowing that was probably the case.

"Thanks." you immediately turn your heel and walk swiftly to your fathers office.

"At least she said thanks I guess?" Ren chuckles.

You stood in front of the door. You weren't going in, that's for sure. But you'll wait and listen in on the conversation.

"Yes, sir." you hear Gakushu speak, "As instructed, I've raised the bar considerably with regards to A Class's test scores. I trust that you're satisfied?"

"Sadly...no." your father responds, "I require results, young man. A status report in and of itself is meaningless. You know as well as I, excellence is not rewarded so much as expected, son. If you and your classmates rank in the top 50 and secure the top spot in all subjects, you pass."

'So that's what he's planning. There definitely will be extra study guides he has that I can photo copy and print out for everyone.'

"All to keep the E class upstarts firmly in line. I understand the principle all too well, forgive the pun." your brother starts again.

'Is that a ball..? He's seriously playing with a ball during this conversation? Why am I not surprised?'

"Why you cling to it is somewhat lost on me. Yes, granted, their grades may be on the upswing, but they can only get so far. They won't trump their betters. It's unthinkable." he continues smacking the ball around.

"Hm? Don't let that confidence be your undoing, my boy. Things change. The scales can top in the favor of the rabble in an instant. Especially since your sister is down there now. The elite do well to take heed. Those at the top must mind their balance." you freeze up when you're mentioned in your fathers scolding.

"An excellent point very well made. I'll see to it that we get results, sir. You may rest easy." Gakushu pauses.

"One more thing. A simple question. Not asking as a student, but as your son."

"Oh, dear. I do hope you don't expect special treatment."

"I wouldn't dream of it"

You and your brother said simultaneously.

"It's just simple curiously. What is it about E Class? It's almost like you have something to hide." you heard a loud bang from the ball Gakushu was playing with. You cover your mouth to not let out a gasp.

'I knew he was onto our trail. But there's no way Father would ever tell. And there's no way I could tell either.'

"You haven't raised an idiot, Father. Any fool can see the idlers have more claim to your attention these days in years previous. Hard as it is to give credit to, I just can't shake the idea that you're involved with something shady."