9

During the week, the students have been learning more and more new things about Astronomy. It is fascinating but it can also be scary. Who knows what's out there.

"Ms. (L/n). What would you like to teach next week?" Professor Sinistra asks when the students leave for the day. I'm surprised she even asked me that question.

"I'm sorry? Did you ask what I would like to teach?"

"Yes. I will be gone for a few days and I am counting on you to look after the students for me. So I will allow you to choose any topic you'd like." She stands up from her chair to grab a book off one of her shelves.
Suddenly, I find myself looking through my book to see what kind of fun and interesting topic I want to teach these students for the time being.

"Can I teach them about...black holes?"

"There will be a test at the end of the week Ms. (L/n). Are you sure you want to choose that one?"

"A test?" I begin to sweat from my hands and my heart is beating faster. It's hard to turn the pages with sweaty hands if I want to look for something else.
"Um, I'm going to stick with it." I didn't want to look through every page and randomly choose a topic that will bore the students.

"Alright then. I will leave Monday morning and be back by thursday afternoon. The test will be on Friday. Don't forget it." She places the book back on the shelf and begins to write a reminder for herself.

"I promise to have these students ready by the time you get back." I close my book and put it back in my bag. I need to clean it out since it is getting a bit heavy.
"I'll see you later Professor Sinistra." I head out the door to begin finding information about black holes. It will be a rough week if I want these students to pass.

I was about to go to my room to read any books I can find about black holes but maybe I'll go to the library for this one.

'Alright. Black holes. Where would it be in this section?'
I scan the titles of the books while sliding my fingers over it. I want these students to pass so I can show Sinistra that I am good enough for the job she does everyday.

"Is it this one?" I pull out a book that has spiderwebs all over it. I just hope the spider isn't home.
"Two worlds in one. Sounds interesting." I grab 2 other books next to the one I found and sit down at the nearest table. There will be a lot of reading this week.

*Two hours later*

"Ms. (L/n)?"
My name was called about several times before I could lift up my eyes from the book.

"Oh. Professor Lupin. Did you call me?"

"I didn't see you at dinner today." He sits down across from me with a sigh. I put my eyes back on the book to keep reading while listening and talking.

"I was busy with other things. Sorry if I worried you, but I promise I'm okay." I show a smile that could barely be seen from his point of view.

"How are things going with a certain Professor?"

I stop reading to look up at him.
"Um, good I guess." I shrug my shoulders and try to read again but thanks to Lupin, Snape is back in my head.
"I should probably get going. It's almost curfew."

"I'll walk you back." He stands up and helps me put away the books. I would take them with me but I'll forget to bring them back, like always.

On our way back to my room, I look through one of the windows and see the snow begin to fall like feathers. It looks so soft. I really love the snow because the color white feels calming to me, especially if it comes from mother nature.