32

Everything was going slow around me. My parent's voices sounded like echoes from a long distance and sometimes it sounds distorted. What I just heard from my dad can't be true, can it? Severus could never hurt someone... but he can plan to make someone else do it for him. That's probably what happened.

Suddenly I get back in touch with reality when my mom touched my shoulder.
"(Y/n)?" She gently shakes me to make sure I'm not in that shocked trance anymore.

"He would never hurt anyone. Severus would never do that." I repeat it several times in my head and act like this is all a dream.
"When was this?" I ask. My dad stays quiet the entire time in the chair with his head in his hands.

"It was the day after your grandpa was injured." My mom speaks for him. I sit on my bed, not sure what to say. But I do know what to ask.

"What happened that night? And tell me the truth. Both of you."
My mom sits next to me and looks at my dad, who gives her permission to say everything.

"We recieved a letter one night from the ministry, supposably, and we didn't think twice or question why they sent a letter in the middle of the night. They wanted your father and I to head near Spinners End as quickly as possible. We asked your grandpa to join us in case anything happened."

"Wait hold on. Grandpa was never meant to go with you that night?" I ask. My mom shakes her head and holds my hand. I didn't know that.

"When we arrived, it was awfully dark and quiet. Usually, there would be someone there to meet us and tell us to check the area but the streets were empty. We searched everywhere but decided to continue to do our jobs and find anyone who wandered the area. We stuck together with your grandpa behind us, watching our backs. We had to stick together but I heard what sounded like a child's cry for help coming from another direction. So I walked towards the sound but saw a bright light headed my way." My mom takes a deep breath and wipes the tears from her cheeks.
"But your grandpa pushed me away and ended up being hit."

"Grandpa was never meant to get hurt." I softly speak.

"They were after your mother. It was a trap." My dad finally speaks after noticing my mom's state at this point.

"Who's they?"

"My family. Like I mentioned before. They wanted your mother dead."

"Holy crap." I stand up to pace back and forth, not wanting to believe any of this.
"I thought you were exaggerating when you said she wasn't safe with you."

"So you thought I was lying?" He asks.

"I thought it wasn't that serious. I mean, what the hell?" I sit back down on the bed again next to my mom. I hold her hand in mine, not wanting to let go. I never want to let her go.
"What happened after?"

"We took your grandpa back here but your father went back to the same location after making sure you were still asleep." My mom answers.

"You went back?" I ask my dad, who is already regretting this conversation.

"I went back to check if my family were still there." He responds.

"And were they?"

"Yes, they were. They said if I don't leave my wife and child behind, I will lose everything and everyone. They would have killed you and your mother two days after the incident. I was not going to let that happen."

"So you decided to have them killed?"

"I was desperate to keep you and your mother safe." He spoke in an annoyed tone. I need to stop asking before he freaks out on me but I need more information. I need to know how he asked Severus. I need to know why Severus didn't tell me anything and acted like he didn't know who my parents were.