36

Every passing minute I get a slight pinch in my brain just thinking about my parents. Seconds have turned to minutes and pretty soon it'll turn to hours. It's bothering me. I have to stay here with Severus so I'm not the target. I want Severus to be safe too. I know he has a tough history but I want to make his future better. I want to make his life better once this is all over.

Just us two against everything. I want to be with him, live with him, marry him, have his children, and just be together forever. I don't want to leave his side and hopefully he feels the same way. I hope he does.

After a few seconds, we hear a loud thud coming from the front door. I get startled by the sound that I push myself further into Severus's arms.
"Severus what if they don't come back?" I whisper.

"They'll be here soon." He says quietly before kissing the top of my head. I trust his word and just hope for the best, even if I have to wait it out.
We kept hearing loud thuds and I swear I heard a woman screaming from a long distance away. Tears start appearing in my eyes when the thought of my mom being the one who screamed was being attacked. If anything happens to her, I would blame myself for even making her go out there. I blame myself for even meeting Chris in the first place. I blame myself for even letting Chris's dad talk to me. I should've ignored him.

After an hour of waiting, we hear the front door open. I immediately got up and off the bed but I got dizzy with the amount of blood I have in my system. I still need to recover.
I held onto the bed for support but Severus helped me stand up. I didn't even realize he got off the bed.

"Take it slow." He whispers. I let out a deep breath before standing up straight to hold onto Severus's shoulder for support. He grabs his wand and holds it tight just in case the person at the door is a deatheater.

Once I got my vision back to normal, I let go of Severus's shoulder and walked normally on my own. But Severus held my waist to not let me fall. Him touching me still gives me goosebumps, in a good way.

"Be careful Severus." I whisper as he turned the doorknob to open it. Light entered through the small opening of the door, letting me imagine a picture of Severus's perfect lighting of his face. When he noticed me staring at him with my imaginative dreamy expression, he scoffs and continues to open the door a bit more.

The door is now fully open for me to see but I don't see my parents. Though I do see people from the ministry walking around the house to make sure they didn't miss anyone or making sure they're all "unconscious".

"We made it Severus. It's over." I sigh in relief and hug him tight. Severus let out a deep breath and rested his chin on my head. Feeling him relax his muscles and hearing him let out a breath made me feel more relaxed than ever. I don't feel the stress of us keeping a secret from the rest of the wizarding world. We can finally go public like I've always wanted. I don't have to hide anymore.

"(Y/n)?"

I let go of Severus when I heard my mom call out. She walks past the stairs turning her head all over to see where I am. Once she sees me, she runs to me and hugs me tight.

"Thank heavens you're alright. I couldn't stop worrying about you." She holds my head and leaves kisses all over my face.

"Okay mom stop." I gently push her back but I couldn't stop myself from pulling her back in for a hug.
"I'm so happy you're okay." I let a few tears fall onto her shoulder but she doesn't mind at all.
"Where's dad?"

"He's-" She didn't have to finish her sentence when she turned around to see where he was. I could see him kicking a couple bodies to make sure they're not moving.
"Right there." She whispers with a smile.