40

*Bit of a long one. Enjoy.*
_____

Several weeks have gone by and I'm already nervous for this special day.
"Minerva what if it doesn't fit? Do you think it'll fit? Should we extend it?" I ask as I hold up the dress in panic.

"It will fit my dear. Try it on. You'll see." She grabs the dress and helps me unzip it since my hands were shaking. I step into the dress and lift it up with Minerva's help. She adjusts the bottom lace when it tucked in just a little. Once she fixed it, she zips the backside and hides the zipper in between the folds of the dress.

"Okay. I brought some water and I brought the vei-" My mom comes into the room and sees me in a wedding gown. A strapless wedding gown with a look alike corset that doesn't wrap around my waist too much. It's extendable and it feels comfortable. The bottom of the dress has many layers but it's the perfect size and height for me to not step on when I wear my shoes later on.
"Oh sweetheart you look so beautiful." She puts the veil and glass of water on the counter beside her.

"You really think so?" I look in the mirror and see myself in a beautiful wedding gown. I never thought this day would ever come in my life.

"You really have grown into a beautiful woman my dear. I am truly proud of you." Minerva says. I could see her ready to tear up and she might make me cry too.

"My little girl is all grown up. Your grandpa would be very proud of you sweetheart. Very proud." My mom grabs the veil and comes up behind me to place it on my head.
"Perfect."

"I can't believe I'm getting married. I'm actually getting married to the love of my life." I let a tear roll down my cheek but Minerva used a soft cotton pad to lightly dab on my skin so she doesn't smudge the makeup. I used very little makeup to keep that natural look.
"Thanks Minerva."

"You're very welcome. You have 15 minutes left my dear." Minerva says quietly. I take a breath and shake off the nerves I built up inside.

"Here, I brought you some water and your vitamins." My mom hands me both things and watches carefully to see if I actually drank them. After I swallow my vitamins, I drink the rest of the fresh cold water to avoid the sweat.

"Thank you."

"Now we must get your shoes on before it starts." She takes the glass cup from my hand and places it on the counter again so she can find my shoes.
"Oh here they are. Try them on honey. Tell me if they're comfortable or not."

I lift up my dress so I can see where my feet are. Once I find them, I slip on the 3 inch heels and give them a quick slide off check to make sure they won't slip off when I walk down the aisle.
"They're perfect."

"Wonderful. Now let me lower the veil." My mom reaches over my head and allows the soft fabric veil to gently fall in front of my face. Thank goodness it's medium length.
"Perfect. You look absolutely perfect."

"Thanks mom. Is dad waiting out there?"

"Yes. Whenever you're ready we can go."

"5 minutes my dear." Minerva announces.

"Okay then. I'm ready." I felt like I told a lie but I guess that's what all brides say. Minerva opens the door and allows me to exit the room with my mom. We walked down the hallway until making it to where my dad is waiting.
"How do I look?" I ask him.

"You look all grown up." He gently hugs me and kisses the top of my head.
"And you look beautiful." He whispers.

"Thanks dad."

"Alright, it's time. Good luck sweetheart." My mom hugs me goodbye and enters the hall where everyone I know is waiting.

"You will be just fine Ms. (L/n). Remember, smile." Minerva says before entering the hall as well.