33

The next day I felt a bit more refreshed than usual. I used the sleeping draught last night and it worked wonders. I had no nightmares and it felt relieving. Even my parents felt a bit refreshed after taking that nap yesterday but not so much like today. Sadly they still have to look out for me in case anyone shows up.

As we're eating dinner, I see my mom ready to face plant herself on the plate in front of her. I found it funny.
"Okay you two need to sleep. I'll keep watch overnight."

"No." My mom suddenly wakes up after I said that.

"No? Mom you're literally on the verge of passing out. You didn't take a nap today like you did yesterday. Go to bed. I'll clean up."

"I just need coffee." She whispers while slowly lowering her head onto the plate.

"No you don't. Let's go." My dad picks her up with ease and helps her walk towards the stairs. When they're no longer in view, I begin cleaning up the table and putting the dishes in the sink. I kept looking at the window and my surroundings every step I take. Sometimes I won't stop staring at the back door. I want to nail it shut.

I would hear small things around the house and it freaks me out. Often times I would be making those little clinks with the glasses and still get scared. The one thing that I'm happy about, is that I have my wand. I would grab it when I hear small things but no one is in here. It's both creepy and frustrating.

When I'm done cleaning, I head upstairs to my room and grab my notes. I need to finish getting the topics done. So far I only got 8 topics. I've caught up so fast within these few weeks and it feels great. I feel invincible at this point.

But when I look at the time, it was only 1 in the morning.
"It's going to be a long night."
_______________

The next morning I made breakfast for my parents who are barely waking up. I was drowsy but I didn't burn myself this time.

"You're up early." My dad says from behind.

I turn to look at him with an annoyed expression.
"Very funny."

"I smell breakfast." My mom comes in the kitchen like a new person. Like if she slept for a full 20 hours.
"Mmm, bacon sounds good right now." She watches me cook the bacon but instantly took over when my hand didn't support the spatula from being tired all night. I had cramps on my hand just from writing notes all night long non stop.

"Sorry." I apologize before turning on the sink to splash some water on my face.

"Don't apologize. You need to get some sleep." My mom says after putting the bacon on a plate.
"After breakfast you're more than welcome to get some sleep. Your father and I will be on the lookout."

"How long do we have to keep this up? When will this ever end?"

"Sweetheart this isn't our first time dealing with sleepless nights. We have to wait it out and hope for the best. That's all I can say but soon everything will be back to normal."

"Sure. Normal." I mutter under my breath.

After breakfast, my parents helped me clean up the table and wash some dishes. They didn't allow me to do anything else except go to sleep. I told them I didn't want to because of the nightmares. My dumbass drank all the Sleeping Draught since I was desperate to get some sleep. I'm surprised I'm still alive.

"I'll try to sleep but if I can't, then just knock me out or something." I yawn and head into the guest room to sleep. I still don't trust my own room.

Finally, I lay down on the bed and close my eyes for a bit. All I want is a dreamless sleep today. Just for a few hours at most.