13

It's been a week and half ever since the dance took place and I've been nonstop thinking about Professor Snape. He's in my head everyday and I'm afraid that if I don't do anything about it, I will end up stalking him or even be too attached.

"Are you feeling alright Ms. (L/n)?" Sinistra placed her hand on my shoulder that caused me to get out of a trance. Apparently I was just staring at the floor for so long that I didn't even notice that all the students were gone.

"Oh. Did class end already?" I ask.

"Just now. Is everything alright? Are you feeling sick?"

"Not at all. I've just been stressing myself out I guess." I respond. She softly laughs and begins to gather up the papers from each desk.

"How so?"

"The thing is that I've been having a hard time trying to tell someone how I feel but I'm scared they won't feel the same way. Like, what am I supposed to do if he rejects me?" I slouch in my seat and let out a big sigh. She's probably thinking that I'm crazy. Maybe even more crazy if I tell her who it is.

"So you've met someone." She smiles and hands me the stack of papers to grade.

"Surprisingly I have but I could also screw it up. What should I do?"

"You should not be overthinking this. Professor Snape is a very cold and warm hearted man that will do anything to protect the ones he cares for." She sits at her desk with the same smile plastered on her face.

"I know but someti- wait I'm sorry, did you say Professor Snape?" I start to sweat thinking that she might think I'm crazy for liking him.

"I know how you act whenever he's around Ms. (L/n). Never in my years of teaching have I seen someone wanting to talk to the man himself."

"W-Well I mean he-"

"It is not a bad thing. Severus will need someone sooner or later and I believe you are his chance."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I sit up straight so I'm not slouching anymore. It could really hurt my back.

"Severus is someone who looks at the negative side of things, but you are the opposite. Opposites tend to get along very well and I believe you may help him realize that not everything has to be bad or dangerous."

"I see." I stare at the floor to think of something I could do to spend more time with him. Maybe even tell him how I feel.
_______________

The next day I made the decision to ask Professor Snape for a little walk outside of Hogwarts. Even though it's a snowy morning, I'll still ask. I heard it will stop snowing at night so it's perfect.

In the great hall, I wait for Snape to take his seat next to me so I can ask him to walk with me. As soon as I see him, I clear my throat and sit up straight.

"Goodmorning Professor." I say with a smile.

"For some." He says quietly.

"So I was thinking of going for a walk after classes today. Would you like to join me?"

"Tonight?" He sips his morning coffee but doesn't look at me. He mostly looks at the Slytherin house.

"I know it's on a school night but I need some fresh air once in a while. Besides, someone could sneak up on me and attack so I may need someone to protect me, don't you think?" I ask. A smirk slowly creeps up on my face when he tends to think about it.

"I suppose." He sighs and begins to eat his breakfast.

"Great. Meet me by the front doors at 7. See you tonight." I take the last bite of my bacon before getting up to leave. I need to return the papers before Sinistra starts class.
_______________