·˚𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞. ༘༄ ꒰𝘉𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭꒱ؘ*ੈ✩

•°

•°.✩.°•

"So what, this is what reality looks like?" Marc looked around at the office of Dr. Harrow.

"The imagination is very real," Harrow replied, "This chair, desk, the light were all first created in the imagination. But do you believe that Khonshu and Ammit are real? Do I? No,"

"And what if we disagree, Doc?"

"Marc—"

"What if we believe something different?" 

"Then our work here continues," Harrow nodded.

"For how long?" 

"For as long as a piece of string," he stood up from Marc's side and walked back to his seat. Every step he took left a bloody footprint behind on the white tiles of the floor.

"Hey, you see that, don't you?" Marc muttered lowly.

"Oh, yeah, I see it. I see it," Steven answered.

"Why am I bleeding?" Harrow groaned, looking down at his feet.

"Yeah, I don't think you know as much as you think you do," Marc commented, "And while it is tempting to accept your diagnosis, Doc. We'd rather go save the world. Laters, gators,"

── 。゚: *. .* :. ───

Marc opened his eyes to be greeted by the ceiling of Steven's apartment. He pushed the covers off of himself, sitting up against the headboard, "Steven? You there?"

"Mmm," Steven hummed back lazily, "Can't believe it worked,"

Marc rose from the bed, standing on the edge, "I can't believe you live in this fricking mess,"

The door of the apartment opened and you peeked in through the door, smiling at him eagerly, "Hi,"

Marc cracked a cheerful smile at your arrival, "Hey, bab—" he tried to walk towards you, but the ankle restraint stopped him from doing so and he fell flat on the floor in front of the bed, mere feet away from you.

You burst out laughing hysterically and Marc looked up to see you were holding your phone in front of you.

"Oh my god!" you gasped between breaths, unable to control yourself, "Layla, did you see that?"

"I did!" Layla's hilarious laugh came right back.

"Ugh," Marc laid flat on the floor on his face, groaning at you both in mild irritation.

── 。゚: *. .* :. ───