·˚𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙭 ༘༄ ꒰𝘉𝘶𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺꒱ؘ*ੈ✩

•°

•°.✩.°•

"Taweret, what's happening?" Steven questioned once you three made it up to the front of the boat.

"I've never seen the gates to the world above so close," Taweret's eyes were fixed on The Gates of Osiris in front of them, but they weren't open.

"How do we open them?" you questioned the goddess.

"I'm so sorry. Your Scales never balanced," The goddess admitted in sorrow, "Our journey's come to an end. I cannot stop the inevitable. I was really rooting for you guys, but the unbalanced souls of the Duat now must claim yours,"

You felt your heart drop to your stomach at her words. But you really didn't have much time to react because the dead in the form of Duat clambered their way up the sides of the boat, making their way in.

"Marc, they don't look very friendly," Steven mumbled warily.

"Hide. Hide," Marc waved him over behind to take cover, "Gabon. New York, Dubai,"

"Steven stay back," you warned the other man, doing a rough headcount.

Steven complied with your and Marc's instructions and watched you both take down one after the other. 

"Watch out!" Steven yelled out in warning. Marc took them all on as best he could. He took out New York and Dubai, but then Gabon grabbed him around the neck and began to drag him backwards. New York stalked close and grabbed onto his legs, helping the other corpse move him to the ledge. You rammed your shoulder into him to push him off, but then another corpse appeared from the Duat and pushed you off.

"Oh, no! Taweret!" Steven turned to see that the goddess was nowhere to be seen. Seeing this, he pushed the lever of the ship to change its direction, throwing the boat entirely off balance as everyone on it faltered over to the other side.

They were all thrown across the deck, flipping and tumbling, parts of their attackers' bodies collapsed into sandy piles.

"Y/N, behind you!" 

But he was too late. A bat was swung at your face, knocking you off balance and throwing you a decent distance away from Marc.

"No! Oh, God. Marc, you've got this. But if I'm you," Steven paused, determination filling his tone, "It means I've got this, too," 

Steven came at them with everything he had. Dragging them off of his alter, Steven punched one attacker across the face and flipped him head over heels. You pushed yourself up on your hands, squinting your eyes lightly.

Then Steven spun, swung hard, and then knocked both New York and Dubai's heads off, "Six!" he yelled out cheerfully.

You and Marc were looking up at him in a mix of awe and amusement.

"I prefer cricket," Steven explained bashfully.

Gabon approached from behind, Steven kept hitting him with the bat until he became nothing more than a big pile of sand. He gave you both a big thumbs up, and your grins only widened.

But then an arm slithered over the railing, wrapped around Marc's neck, and began to pull. His legs left the deck as he was yanked backward. 

"Marc, no!" Steven charged forward, tackling the corpse off the boat and falling off the edge in the process.

You shrieked out in fear and tried to pull him off, but the Duat grabbed hold of your hand too. Another slithered around your neck and hauled you off the boat.

Marc hurried over the boat to look over the sands of Duat where you and Steven had fallen. Dread settled within him, "Steven! Y/N!"

Groaning, Steven stumbled up to his feet and tried to chase after them, "Wait, wait! Oh God—!"

"Wait—" you croaked out, trying to drag your feet to move.

trying to get to your feet, but then you fell back on your haunches.

"Steven! Y/N!" Marc's voice cracked as he yelled out in desperation, "Run!"

Your legs gave out and you fell back on your haunches. Bu then your body slowly materialized into sand, and you were frozen in your place.

"Steven! Wait—Y/N, No!"

Steven began to slow as his feet and legs hardened beneath him. With the boat still moving steadily onward, the man fell to his knees. Even then, he fought to keep moving. He tried to crawl after him, but it was too late. Steven cried out, on his hands and knees, and then he turned completely into the stone with his hand still reaching out.

"No, no, no!" Marc slammed his hand on the side of the boat, "Stop the boat! Stop the boat!" 

There was a metal clinking, indicating that the Scales had finally balanced.

"Your Scales are balanced," Taweret announced.

Marc turned around, but now he was in the golden Field of Reeds, stretching into infinity as eternal peace and safety welcomed him. 

── 。゚: *. .* :. ───