·˚𝙭𝙭𝙞 ༘༄ ꒰𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯꒱ؘ*ੈ✩

•°

•°.✩.°•

"Oh, my days. First one in. Tomb fit for a pharaoh," Steven proclaimed happily, walking across the rocks, "Thutmose II. Nefertiti. Oh, it's gotta be one of the big 'uns," he looked around in excitement.

"So," Marc spoke to Steven in the reflection of the water below, obviously upset, "You kissed Y/N,"

"What are you gonna do? Try and drown us now?" Steven retorted.

"Yeah, I should. Both for kissing Y/N and Layla," he nodded, "But you also told Layla the truth about why I've been pushing her away. And that was unexpected,"

"Yeah," Steven got up to the sarcophagus, "Wow. Look at that. Look at all these relics," his eyes ran over the writings, "Macedonian? No. What? No way. That's not right. That can't be right. That's Macedonian,"

Steven muttered to himself in thought, "But the only pharaoh—But, I mean, he insisted on calling himself Egyptian. But—I think we're looking at the long-lost tomb of Alexander the Great,"

── 。゚: *. .* :. ───

You pushed yourself back to your feet, adjusted the straps of your backpack, and stood straight. Standing on the other end of the cliff was Elodie. It was as though she was watching you closely.

"Now I understand why Heka chose you, even though you don't practice any form of magic," Elodie spoke, "You have this sheer determination and willpower. A product of your pain, I presume,"

"Oh, skip the tedtalk, for crying out loud," You dragged on dramatically, "What are you doing here? Come to deliver soup or somethin'? Viktor's recipe?" you prodded sarcastically.

Elodie jerked her head to the side in thought, "You look like you could use some,"

You paused for a moment in thought, "Honestly, yeah," you turned to walk away, "But maybe some other time,"

"You never met your friend, did you? The one you wanted to meet here," Elodie provoked, "In Egypt. Marcus Hill,"

You stopped dead at that name, "How do you know that name?" you questioned without turning to face her.

"One of the brightest and youngest archeologists in the world," Elodie continued, "Intern of Abdullah El-Faouly. He would be so delighted, to know that his best friend would confirm to the world what he always believed," she paused, "Egyptian Gods walk among us," 

You slowly turned in your place to face her, captivated by her accurate details about your long-lost friend. You pursed your lips into a thin line, swallowing thickly.

"He'd be proud of you. That his best friend is leading a life that fulfilled his utmost wishes and desires. Harrow read Marc's scales, and I was there with him when he did it," Elodie started, "The scales achieve their judgment by revealing to me moments of sin and pain. You—even more so, more pain than anyone could bear. Family dead, Brother dead, Best friend dead,"