·˚𝙭𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞 ༘༄ ꒰𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘱𝘵. 4꒱ؘ*ੈ✩

TW:  MENTIONS OF ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, AND ADHD, ANGST, ALLUSION TO CHILD ABUSE AND PANIC ATTACK

•°.✩.°•

A younger version of yourself and Marc were on the threshold of the house. In the distance, your family was loading up their belongings into the truck since you were all moving to the States.

When it was time to leave, Marc had pulled you into a hug, "I'm gonna miss you, Y/N," 

"I'll miss you too," you replied, your voice muffled by his shoulder.

"Laters, Gaters," he only ever said those words to you, given how his mother had treated him after Roro's death.

You smiled at him, "In a while, crocodile,"

After bidding farewell, Marc went back into the house, and you, Steven, and Marc followed him. This time, you three had directly walked into Marc's room.

"I don't—" Steven looked around, "This is my room," he stated, "I remember some things but I don't remember this,"

Younger version of Marc was curled on the floor on the corner, knees pulled up to his chest, "It's not Mom. It's not my mom. It's not my mom. It's not my mom,"

There was a brief set of harsh knocks followed by Wendy's voice, "Marc, open this door. Open this door right now,"

"It's not my mom," Marc shook his head to himself.

"Open this door,"

"It's not my mom. It's not my mom," the boy's eyes rolled to the back for a couple of seconds and then he looked around, "Bloody hell," he uttered in a British accent, "Look at the state of this place. Better sort it out before Mum sees it," he added, picking up the pencils he had knocked down.

"Marc, open this door right now!" Wendy bellowed in rising rage.

"When danger is near, Steven Grant has no fear," Steven read from a poster on the wall, "You made me up," he glanced at Marc who had his head hung and refused to meet neither your nor Steven's gaze.

The banging continued "Open this door right now!" the door burst open and Wendy strolled in with a vicious scowl.

Marc was still innocently arranging his stationary items into the pencil stand, oblivious to his mother at the door.

"You're gonna learn to listen," she reached over and picked up a belt from the hook on the wall, "Why do you have to make me do this?" 

"She─" the words died in your throat and you let Marc pull you and Steven out of the room.

"I wanna see what she did," Steven said weakly.

"You disgusting human," Wendy uttered, and her words were followed by a sharp crack of belt on skin.