·˚𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. ༘༄ ꒰𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯꒱ؘ*ੈ✩

°

°.✩.°•

"Come on, wake up," Layla muttered, trying to get you and Steven to wake up.

Just then, car lights flickered on her face, which made her heart rate pick up. Gunshots were fired making the girl gasp in alarm.  

Layla hurried down the sand dune without you nor Steven and hid behind a car.

A semi-truck shone its lights brightly as the car got closer to your and Steven's unconscious body.

Layla quickly hurried behind a car, opening it up and sneaking into its trunk. She laid down on her back and heard the car get closer.

"I saw one running!" A man informed in Arabic to his fellowmen.

"Check around the truck," A different male's voice speaks in the same language.

Layla peaked outside, seeing the men scanning the place for her.

"Looks like they're dead," The first guy, observing your and Steven's body.

She glances around inside the truck to try and find something, something to get you and Steven back. She then spotted flares in a bag.

Sliding out of the trunk, Layla lit one of the flares, it now burning a bright red and she caught the men's attention successfully.

"Turn! Turn! There she is!" The second male's ushered as he hit the truck's roof. Just as the truck turned around, they started firing guns. Layla ducked behind the car to take cover.

The vehicle moves closer to the car Layla was hiding behind, guns loading, But once they reached where they had last seen Layla, she was not to be found. Instead a couple of flares on the sand.

The vehicle moved quite a distance forward, searching for her.

Without a sound, Layla approached from the back and hurled a flare at the hunk of ammo.

The back of the truck then exploded with fire, sparks going everywhere as all the men yelled out in alarm and were taken down by it, falling unconscious.

She exhaled shakily seeing that the men were no longer a danger to her. She gasped out when a hand clamped down on her shoulder and spun around swiftly.

"It's just me!" you raised your hands in surrender, "Sorry for scaring you,"

"Oh," Layla was quick to embrace you in a hug, startling you slightly. You returned the gesture awkwardly, hugging her a bit tighter when you felt her racing heartbeat against your chest from the anticipation.

── 。゚: *. .* :. ───

"We can't lose more time. Harrow must be headed back to the tomb," Layla said as she drove the car and you sat on the back this time, "Look, if he is, we're gonna need Marc, yeah?"