·˚𝙭𝙞𝙭. ༘༄ ꒰𝘏𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘺꒱ؘ*ੈ✩

•°

•°.✩.°•

Steven made his way into a tent, opened up the flap, and scanned the room for any useful supplies. He walked over to a makeshift bed, picked up a water canister, shook it, and threw it back down as it was empty.

He then moved to the table, picking up a weirdly shaped torch. Finding another one and took that too.

"You look scared," Marc spoke, his face on the reflection of the table.

"I'm not," Steven muttered, turning on the flashlight in his face as he squinted his eyes at the light, quickly shutting it off.

"Well, you should be. Without Khonshu, there's no more suit, no more healing, no more power,"

"Yeah, no more you, I thought. It's what you said, isn't it?" Steven interjected, placing the lights in his bag, "But believing anything that comes out of your mouth just shows what a plonker I am,"

"Look, I wish I could just disappear. I really do," Marc recalled when he had made you cry in the car after you escaped from Mogart's men, "But unfortunately, I'm still here. If you're gonna go through with this, you gotta be smart, for Layla's and Y/N's sake. I've been in situations like this before,"

"So have I. It's the same body, isn't it?" Steven offered, "It's in there somewhere. Muscle memory and that,"

Marc gave him an indiscreet look, "I'm not sure it works that way. Just—" He trailed off.

"Whatever," Steven threw his hands in the air, waving him off, and went to walk away.

"I'm here. You're not alone,"

Steven stopped in his place, "I know I'm not alone. I've got Y/N and Layla," he turned to glance at him, "Y/N was a secret agent. She's amazing. I've seen her. She's got my back," he spoke with trust, hope, and adoration, "They've both got my back,"

Marc narrowed his eyes in suspicion, "Wait a minute, you kissed Layla and now you're—" his eyes widened in realization, "Oh my—Wait— Are you in love— Are you in love with my girlfriends?"

"You sure are one hell of a boyfriend," Steven snapped back, "Breaking Y/N's heart like that. Bloody dimwit,"

"No, no, no," Marc shook his head frantically, "You can't—I kissed her first,"

"Then I'll kiss her better," Steven sassed, making him scoff and roll his eyes.

"Don't you dare—"

"Dunno if she'll like a nutter like me," Steven mumbled lowly, "But I know I wouldn't hurt her like you did," he looked up to jab a finger at the reflection of the broken mirror Marc was on.

"You lay one finger on Y/N—"

"I kissed Layla already so you go on and whine about it if you want," he waved his hands in a shooing manner.

"Steven, I swear to you—"

"I appreciate your concern, mate. I really do. But we've got it from here,"

"I'll—"

"If I need a recipe for a protein shake or something, I'll call you," with that Steven walked out of the tent.

"I'll throw us off a cliff!" Marc hollered in warning, clenching his jaw.

── 。゚: *. .* :. ───

"Have you been on adventures like this before?" Steven asked as he stepped into the loop of the harness and you pulled it up his leg. "You seem to know your way around this kinda stuff,"

"Couple of times with a colleague. Marcus Hill was one big nerd," you smiled at the memory of your long-lost friend, "Oh, he was my close friend's brother," you elaborated, seeing Steven's confused face.

"It's not a bad thing, is it?" Steven uttered, "Being a nerd,"

"Never said it was," you pulled the harness above both his land and stood up abruptly, freezing for a couple of seconds as you were nose to nose with Steven, both of you able to feel each other's breaths.

"Yeah?" A hopeful expression crossed his face.

"Yeah," you put up a tight smile, but then it dropped, "Sorry, it's just that you remind me a lot of Marc. I mean, why wouldn't you?"

"Oh, it's quite alright," Steven nodded sheepishly, "I'm not defending Marc or anything, but maybe Marc said those things 'cause he wanted to protect you,"

"From what?" you scoffed, unintentionally raising your voice at him.

"I dunno," she blabbered, a bit frightened by you.

You shook your head, "I don't need protection. What I need is honesty,"

"Yeah. I get that,"

"But that's more of a 'you' thing, isn't it?" you sighed.

"What? being—" he scrunched his eyebrows in thought, "Honesty?"

You smiled at his flustered state in adoration, "Yeah. Being honesty,"

"Yeah,"

You realized that you both were leaning in and your eyes closed as Steven's hand cupped your chin with his fingers and tipped your head up. With a boost of confidence, he pressed his lips against yours, both your eyes fluttering shut.

You kissed him back softly, feeling him smile against your lips in relief and he rested his other hand on the side of your hip.

Once you both felt the need for air, you both pulled back, foreheads resting against each other as Steven bumped his nose with yours to make you open your eyes.

A couple of footsteps were headed your way and Layla walked into view, "I'm gonna go down first," she informed and stood on the edge of the cliff you were all in. She noticed the position you and Steven were in and bobbed her head up and down in amusement.

"Okay," you nodded at her, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah. Great," Steven replied breathlessly.

"Before I belay,"

"Thank you," Steven told you for helping him with the harness, and then turned to Layla, "What's 'belay'?"

Layla huffed a laugh, "I still can't tell when you're joking or not," with that, she lowered herself into the rocky cave below.

"I'll see you down there," you smiled at the man and you began to lower yourself down too.

"All right," Steven was smiling to himself in utter joy until his body twitched. His eyes rolled back momentarily and then his fist launched up and hit him right in the face, "Oh shit!"

── 。゚: *. .* :. ───