Chapter 1

"Do you want coffee or tea?"

Wonyoung is taken aback by the question to be honest. Usually, customers want to get right to it. That's why all she wears on her scheduled nights is a satin silk robe and a matching lingerie set. Tonight, she has her favorite black set on for a "very special customer", as Madame Hyerim put it.

Since she has to meet the customer outside of the massage parlor, she put on a trench coat over her usual get-up and some additional articles of clothing. If she could call them clothes, she would, but a skirt that barely covers her ass and a black tank top that leaves very little to the imagination don't really count. She skipped those wretched fishnet stockings. Who thought those things were sexy? They're hard to take off and harder to put on. She takes off her black stilettos and carefully places them on the shoe rack, taking in the atmosphere of her customer's quaint little single-bedroom apartment. The walls are a plain off-white and there are some framed photographs hanging on them. There's a small wooden bookcase stacked up with a number of thick books and some little figurines of farm animals. They're cute.

"Coffee would be fine, sweetheart," Wonyoung says coyly, choosing to keep her coat on and sitting cross-legged on the couch. Customers enjoy being called pet names, giving them the feeling of closeness. Though for Wonyoung, it's quite far from the truth. She doesn't know most of their names and would never bother to learn them. Except for the regulars who ask for Wonyoung. But "sweetheart" always saves the day.

"Just call me Yujin," she shrugs, her back facing Wonyoung as she prepares her coffee. Wonyoung hasn't even got a clear view of her face yet. She'd been looking away the whole time, even after opening the door she sprang back to the kitchen. Wonyoung's a bit curious though. The woman is tall, slim. Her long black hair falls on her back. She looks quite modest, like how someone from the countryside dresses, with a long-sleeved buttoned-down chiffon top and a skirt that just falls below her knees. It's as if she came out of When The Camellia Blooms. She has thin wrists and pointed fingers that carefully handle her kettle and kitchenware. Yujin turns around with a tray in her hands, two mugs adorning cute animal designs sit atop of it. But what catches Wonyoung's eyes the most is Yujin herself. She's captivating, to say the least. Wonyoung has yet to meet a customer that she would consider as such, but Yujin takes all the trophies. There is a certain charm to her. Perhaps her eyes. They're darting yet somehow soft. But there's an emptiness in them. Wonyoung's not sure if that's the best word for it. She can't quite place it, but for now, they look a bit desolate, a bit longing. Her smile is pleasant though. Her face is small, and her ears seem to be eternally perked up and they peek out of the sides with her hair tucked behind them. She takes a seat next to Wonyoung, not looking at her direction.

There are people like Yujin, Wonyoung supposes. Shy and unsure of how to go about this engagement. Wonyoung can't blame her. Women don't usually get into these sorts of things as customers. Though she'd had a handful of women come see her. But looking at Yujin avoiding her gaze, even turning her body slightly away from herself, Wonyoung can tell she's at least a bit apprehensive about the whole thing. For one, she chose to meet here, in her apartment, rather than the massage parlor where all customers come to see her. It takes a surprising amount of money to actually request any of the girls to proceed directly to the customers' house or a hotel or wherever they would like to meet. But this woman was ready to pay the price immediately. Wonyoung wonders how she managed to convince Madame Hyerim. She usually lets her more experienced girls go answer... home service calls. So, it's surprising for Wonyoung that she's here, outside of the massage parlor, servicing a customer who seems reluctant about the arrangement.

Perhaps she's bored with life, looking for an exciting encounter of some sort. Is she married? Is she tired of her husband or boyfriend? Or girlfriend? Wonyoung likes to think of a back story for her more interesting customers, the ones who don't just bang and go. Most men just get on with it because of the limited time and Wonyoung really doesn't care. But some want to strike up a conversation about how exhausting work has been or how unsatisfying their wives or girlfriends are. As she looks around her apartment though, there are no telltale signs indicating that she lives with anyone else. The photographs on the wall look more like family memories and moments with friends. The apartment is quite clean, and any little mess here and there looks like her own.