Chapter 16

Just like every other night before this last one, Yujin insists that Wonyoung stay. She doesn't have to. Yujin doesn't have an envelope for her anymore. It's not even that late and Yujin has no excuse to keep her around any longer than she should. Just to delay the inevitable. She stands behind Wonyoung as she puts her sandals on.

Yujin asks again what Wonyoung plans to do in the summer, if only to fill the air with that voice she knows she won't hear again. Wonyoung reminds her that she'll be going home for a while and bonks her forehead for forgetting their earlier conversation.

Wonyoung straightens her jacket and smiles at Yujin. But she doesn't smile back. She can barely look her in the eyes, too scared to be drawn into them. She should let go.

"Thank you," Wonyoung circles her arms around Yujin's waist and rests her chin on her shoulder, "for everything."

Wonyoung's so warm. She feels like home. And Yujin never thought anyone could be that way for her. Unimaginable. And how can she go on without this warmth or this home that she's grown to love?

And as Wonyoung pulls away slowly, in the slowest fashion possible for Yujin's racing heart, she holds her arms, squeezing them gently.

"Wonyoung."

Yujin leans in.

Wonyoung hums in response.

Their foreheads touch, their breathing in sync.

"It's getting late."

She tilts her head.

Just a thread away from her lips.

"Maybe you should stay."

Yujin takes a deep breath. She knows. Oh , she knows this will hurt. When their lips meet again for the second time tonight, Yujin never wants to bid them goodbye. She never wants to forget the scent of orange blossom and the taste of cherry on those pink lips. So, she pulls her closer, impossibly closer to herself. It's not like their first kiss. No, Yujin doesn't let it stop at an innocent peck. Wonyoung doesn't stop her either. Yujin is the first to lose all sense of control. She lets her tongue slip past Wonyoung's lips. The words fail to escape Wonyoung's mouth. The only thing that she utters is a muffled moan. The only thing she can taste is Wonyoung's mouth, the only scent is Wonyoung's breath. Yujin feels Wonyoung's eyelashes flutter close, brushing her face lightly.

She breaks the kiss reluctantly, only to trail her lips along Wonyoung's jaw. And the way Wonyoung knocks her head back to give Yujin freer access to her skin makes her dizzy. She wants more.

But Wonyoung places her hands on Yujin's shoulders, pushing her away, as she catches her breath.

Oh.

"I'm sor-"

"Yujin," Wonyoung stops her mid-sentence, her eyes dark and intense, her breathing shallow as she stares at Yujin, "do you want this?" And Yujin can't meet her eyes. She can only feel the heat in her cheeks because, yes , she wants this. She wants her , "Because if you say yes I won't be able to stop myself."

She captures her lips in a desperate kiss, hoping Wonyoung would get the answer from her actions.

"Yujin," she pulls away again, "I need you to say it."

Yujin sighs, "Yes," she says before cupping Wonyoung's face and bringing her in for another kiss, "Stay."

So, Wonyoung does. She stays for the night. One more time.

-

They manage to reach the bedroom fully clothed and without banging their hips against the edge of a table or walking into the wall like two idiots. It's an achievement considering just how engrossed they are in each other, not really caring about the world around them. Wonyoung's hands dare not leave Yujin's body, pulling her closer whenever she takes a step towards their destination. Neither do her lips. God , Wonyoung's lips. They're pillowy soft but searing hot. And her tongue , moving past Yujin's lips without warrant, pressing against the roof of her mouth, running it against her own tongue. Tasting. Every. Inch.