Chapter 3 - Finding our way back

"Identify yourself."I replied coldly. "Can you just contain your bloodlust, my throat is narrowing,"  In a sick voice, said the mysterious figure. I glared at him after releasing the intent, waiting for a response. "My name is Cadec, and I've been stuck in these beast glades for months. I was hoping you could assist me in getting out of here and to Sapin," Cadec explained. "Sapin? Glades of beasts? What exactly are they?" I was perplexed.

"Are you a cave dweller?" He joked about it. He looked him in the eyes and said, "I'm sorry." "The hostile beasts that live in the Beast Glades range in class from E to SS. Sapin is the human kingdom." "What year is this?" I said hesitantly. "This is the year 654, why are you asking?" Cadec seemed perplexed. How come it was the year 654 in the cave year 274, before the Asuras attacked?

To avoid making Cadec suspicious, I changed the subject "How can I trust you with my life?" I inquired. "All I need is assistance getting out of the Beast glades and returning to Sapin." I'm also confident that I will never be able to beat you. Your mastery of mana is incredible; it's flawless." Cadec responded, almost terrified. Mana? Do humans lack the ability to perceive aether? They're almost weaker now that I see it. Humans were more stronger back then than they are now, and they could see and control aether to a limited extent.

"Anyway," I replied, "other than it containing hostile creatures, what do you know about these Beast glades?" "The Beast Glades are rarely visited. It is home to enigmatic species that have yet to be discovered." I was interested by the prospect of a site nearly this size, with the majority of it unknown. I'm curious about the Beast Glades' future. I took my seat and motioned for him to join me. I noticed a brown-skinned man with golden wavy hair and hazel eyes as he removed his cloak.

I used my aether to summon the sliver-furred bear from my dimension store. "How did you kill a Sliver Coat Bear?" Cadec asked, surprised. "What sort of foolish is that, I battled it if you call it a fight," I responded, standing up and slicing a portion of meat. To kill such a beast, you must be at least an A-Rank adventurer," Cadec explained. "Who says that, and what do adventures do?I inquired. "Duh, a guild where adventurers gain rewards for quests?" Cadec explained.

As I sat down and gazed at the sky, I handed him some food. What a long trip it had been. I was perplexed as to how the year 654 had passed nearly 400 years. Was it an Asuras trick? Was it because time moved more slowly in the cave? Is it possible that I slept for 400 hundred years? Which looked phoney because I didn't seem to age at all without using aether.

Cadec inquired, "Isn't it about time you introduceyourself?" "Right." "I'm mantra and I'm 18," I muttered tiredly. "Are you 18?" "I assumed you were 15 or 16 years old." Cadec explained, "Thank you; in any case, do you know how we might get to your kingdom?" I stated. "Is this my kingdom?" "Aren't you also human, or have you lost your memory?" Cadec inquired. I'd get more attention if I declared I wasn't human, so saying I'd lost my memory sounds like a better option.

"I'm not sure; I really don't recall anything from before this year. I awoke immediately, and I was already here." I expressed my sadness. "That's very bad; hasn't your memory improved? Cadec inquired. "Not in the least," I said. For the following few minutes, there was complete silence. "I'll be sleeping here; do you have a tent or anything? Cadec inquired. I pointed it out to him. This was an opportunity for me to upgrade my aether tier.

I was finally at the second layer, although I had yet to go a tier of tier 9 I was still strong. I made quite a bit of progress but it seems to have grown slower, as I advanced to a higher layer. It was already morning when I finished. I used silver coat meat to make breakfast. Cadec came out of the tent stretching his slim arms. "Come here and eat," I said. He sat down and ate." So how will we find our way back to your kingdom?" I asked, Cadec yawned and said" We only need to find a map, if we find a map we can easily find our way back to the start of the beast glades and I can find my way from there."