Chapter 12 - Improvement

Five years have passed.

"I'm afraid I can't teach you anything else." Bradwr said this while eating. "What do you mean you can't teach me anything else?" I inquired as to why. Although this is my first time being honest, you are extremely gifted and learn quickly. Everything came to you in a flash. You now

You have a diverse set of skills. All that matters is experience. " "Does that cover everything?" Bradwr asks. I was surprised and inquired. "No, there's something else. Let's have one last fight. " Bradwr responded.

I used Flash while equipping Blood Omen. As I hung my left foot forward and my right foot backward, my grip tightened. Blood Omen and Bradwr's sword collided. My mind became as clear as a waveless ocean after a series of attacks, aether coursing through my body.I appeared behind Bradwr, who seemed to be anticipating my next move. My clothes were shredded, and a bright liquid poured from a wound.

Blood tasted in my mouth. "Not bad, youngster, but keep an eye on who you're up against." Bradwr elaborated. "Wave," I grumbled as my sword snatched all of the aether from my grasp. Everything in its path was obliterated by a massive aetheric slash. The wind howled, carrying dust, grass, and tree branches with it. I assumed it was over when the smoke cleared. Bradwr appeared unfazed as he vanished.

Bradwr appeared ahead of me, as if I were a second late. I would have admitted defeat. The environment was destroyed; large tree spires fell, and the ground was split. The beasts fled. I ignited earth spikes as aetheric spikes erupted from the terrain. Bradwr pushed his sword into the ground and seemed to chant.

A strong breeze blew in and redirected all of the spikes. I'd never seen Bradwr so solemn before. He took a deep breath as he flashed at me, a lightning trail trailing behind him. I raised my sword to deflect any incoming blows. He didn't have any open positions. I had no choice but to put him under duress. I used a small amount of aether to sharpen my senses.

Bradwr raises his sword as it falls. As I tighten my grip, I jerk to the side, my left foot dangling forward. I'm aiming for the centre. His blade splintered into pieces as he took a step back. "I had no idea you had some intelligence in you, Mantra," Bradwr remarked, surprised. "Do we want to get serious now?"

The wind blew across the land, and the clouds clasped as the sky darkened. A bolt of lightning was about to strike. Bradwr's eyes glowed with mana as he was engulfed in thunder. Bradwr's new blade was charged with lightning as he raised it. During training, I discovered a new rune that was specifically designed for defence.

As I overfilled my body with aether, it embodied my flesh as Indigo-like armour. Blood Omen was drenched in aether and appeared content. The wave and earth spikes ignited simultaneously, forming a single attack. The tip of his sword blasted a wave of thunder as it clasped with my attack.

A thunderbolt exploded, the bark of a tree shattered, and a falling sound echoed as the tip of Blood Omen soared behind Bradwr. Bradwr drew his blade and stared me down. All of my anguish and pain will be in vain if he wins. Bradwr striks earth spikes because they appear to be useless.

Bradwr assumed I was finished as I tightened my grip on Blood Omen. I flashed as blood splashed everywhere. I slashed my sword as blood fell to the ground. Bradwr's reaction was highly amusing; I'd never seen him impressed before.

For a man user, Bradwr was monstrous; he had mana heal him without his command, almost as if he were a mana child. I concentrated on the deepest parts of my core as the aetheric wind struck. Then Bradwr drew his left leg forward and flashed, pointing the tip of his blade at my skull.Blood Omen shoved Bradwr's blade as I straightened my leg. With a counter-attack strike, I hit him in the chest. As a scarlet river erupted from my gut, Bradwr wasted no time.

"A tie." Bradwr remarked as he slid his sword back into its scabbard. "Why?" I simply asked, lighting my dimension pocket as the blood omen faded. "You've proven yourself." Grinning, he said "How should I proceed from here?" Gather your allies and depart." We should start with the Virita clan because they are the closest and easiest to reach. " He stated