Chapter 8 - The Blacksmith

"Who are you?" inquired the mysterious stranger. "Do you live in the mountains as a blacksmith?" "First, answer my question," the unknown guy stated, with a bitter expression on his face. "I'm Mantra," I said. "Why do you need a blacksmith?" inquired the mystery figure. "My sword was shattered after a spar," I explained.

"What would it benefit me to make you a sword?" With a nasty glare, the blacksmith inquired. "I will comply with any request you make," I said. the blacksmith inquired, "Any special requests?" Even if it means your death. " "Any request," I said. "Come inside," he murmured, as he opened the massive grey gate. After entering, the gate closed, almost as if it had its own will. The room had dark wooden planks on the walls and a smooth grey stone floor.

"What type of blade do you require?" "I'd like a blade with a strong foundation made out of this substance I found," he said. "Nothing custom?" he inquired. "No," I said. I extracted the cave gate's material as I activated my dimension pocket. "All right, until I finish crafting your blade, I'd like you to go clear a dungeon nearby," he explained.

After an agonising descent, I opened the map he had given me to the dungeon. The venue was close to the mountains. "Why does he want me to clear a dungeon is beyond me. There is no benefit. I was baffled. I was finally standing at the dungeon's entrance after hours of moving. In the centre of a dark grey cloth, all the lines cross. There was no vegetation in the immediate vicinity. It had a dark atmosphere around it.

I trembled as a violent, forceful breeze rushed through me as I entered. As I moved, I took a deep breath. Orcs. Orcs were plentiful. It's probably between 10 and 20. I took cover and created aetheric spheres. I had disclosed my presence while the spheres took out the majority of the orcs. I didn't want to squander any aether. I was encircled by two orcs.

Unknown POV:

"There is an intruder in the dungeon, sir," Grenin remarked. "What do you mean, there's an intruder?" Dargin questioned, "Didn't I tell you to keep the dungeons hidden?" "No one in decades has been able to enter," Grenin trembled as he continued, "From our assessments, it appears he's a rare case." "What would you say his level is?" Dragin inquired. "It isn't that accurate, Sir," Grenin replied, "but he is approximately high retainer to low scythe level." "Tell Amon to go and take care of him," Dargin said.

Mantra POV

The Orcs were surprisingly simple to defeat. I kept moving and didn't come across any monsters or beasts. The dungeon appeared to be divided into biomes, with one section being cold, another being dry, and yet another being rainy. It was a strange dungeon with a small number of monsters as if it were under the authority of someone.

As I progressed, I came to a three-door dead end. One was bright blue on the left, one was brilliant white in the middle, and one was bright red on the right. I chose the middle option because it appeared to be less perilous.

Droplets of water dripped from the ceiling, soaking my sneakers. The environment was filled with bat noises. The breeze brought a saline scent, and when my vision adjusted, I saw a never-ending chamber that was perhaps the size of a jungle. I kept walking despite hearing a crunching sound everywhere I went.

"How can a lesser person like you visit this realm?" a voice echoed throughout the countryside. As adrenaline flooded my veins, my blood began to boil. I couldn't help but smile at this tone of voice. It's something I'll never forget. Asura's. These vile scumbags will go to any length to feed their avarice. I screamed loudly, "An inferior being!" "How dare you call me a lesser being, you terrible asshole!" I exclaimed. As I dispersed across the entire terrain, I said.

"Show yourself right now." I insisted. It appeared as a horned humanoid. Smirk, long black horns, spiky black hair, pale face with blue eyes, shredded physique. "Virita had blood." "Who are you?" I asked. The gentleman stated, "Who am I? You have no right to know that. " I replied harshly. "Pathetic, when did virita blood become so frail?" "How did you hear about us?" the man inquired. He said it in a stern tone.

"I just know what I know." "It's hardly going to have any major significance for a soon-to-be-dead man," I said. A blaze of black fire is hurled at me. I spun my axis, elevating my leg, as I dispatched aether, creating a devastating wave that redirected the fire. "Oh, did I irritate you, little boy?" "It appears you have no intellect," I mocked, "since this was your sole chance to surrender and die peacefully."

On the man's face, a death stare developed. "Don't become furious, and first give me your name," I demanded, my voice firm. "Grenin," Grenin said. Before his death, I reflected on my father's martial arts instruction. A flash of black fire appeared as a breeze of dust passed by. Grenin emitted a dark demonic aura around him, and Grenin clasped his fingers.

As violet aetheric shards thrust at Grenin, igniting the spital fissure, I sent aether into my palms, as my left palm wiped Grenin back, a dark combustion appeared, as I knocked on a floor, blood ran from my left hand, and pain exploded. "Where has all your self-assurance gone?" Grenin said sarcastically.

My mouth was filled with a harsh taste. How did I end up being pushed back? How did I avoid injuring him? Am I weak? I had strengthened my determination as I regained my equilibrium; I did not want to be humiliated. No, I cannot be humiliated; I must win in order to exact retribution. I'm going to make these scumbags suffer.

As my wound vanished, a splitter of vivum was dispatched . Grenin lunged at me with his blade drawn. Demonic flames flowed over the blade of a dark sword with a white outline. Grenin was slowed by purple spikes that exploded. As aether pieces drifted towards Grenin, he raised his blade, clashing with the fragments and sword.

Grenin was startled by my quick presence, so I jumped forward. As I dropped, I ascended my right leg. Spikes of black flame engulfed me, and I slammed my right leg against Grenin's face. I had vanished behind cover through the spital rift. Shards on the ground exploded. As they followed Grenin