Chapter 20 - Ancient Relia

"Where are we going, Mantra?" asked Scarlett as she enjoyed the weather.

"We're meeting a dear friend I had known."

"I never knew you had friends." Scarlett chuckled as a pleasant expression appeared.

"Wow, at least I didn't run off into the relic tombs," I uttered sarcastically.

"It wasn't my fault the Asuras decided to attack at the time." Scarlett defended herself.

Mantra & Scarlett felt quite good that they had taken the first step toward revenge against these damned Asuras. Although they had a long way ahead of them. They were in no way or form able to take on Agrona nor an average asura combined. Fourthly, the Asuras couldn't attack the lessers themselves, all they had to do was blend in with humans and can grow at their pace. 

Mantra had planned on meeting Bradwr and asking him for help to train the human & elf army as currently, they are too weak to even stand their own ground against half-bloods. Mantra needs to hurry the preparations as to his calculations, they would have a year before bloodshed begins.

Bradwr was a talented instructor and warrior. One of a kind, he had the experience to lead an army and train one. He was brilliant at training Mantra in such a short period of time, as he adjusted his diet and a routine for him to get stronger in a short period of time.

A weakening scream echoed throughout the forest as birds chirped and float as fast as they could. A violent wind filled with dust dived at us with full force. Branches and leaves of trees were all over the ground.

"What was that?" Scarlett shouted as she regained balance.

"Let's go check it out," I said as I leapt through the wood.

The ground was filled with bloodshed and corpses as we moved. The corpses were murdered ruthlessly with most of their bones shown and blood splattered. The smell was disgusting and rotten to the core. It smelled like rotten eggs.

A monster with 3 heads and a mouth filled with sharp thin teeth. It had a scaly-blue skin as it roared endlessly. The sound echoed throughout the area as Mantra's head spun in circles.

"Aren't Relias supposed to be relic tombs monsters?" Mantra asked as he glanced at the monster.

"Maybe an Asura put it here?" Scarlett said curiously.

"Whatever happened here our first priority is to get rid of that beast," Mantra commanded as Scarlett nodded in a sign of approval.

Mantra commanded Scarlett to support him as he fought the monster. Mantra dispersed aether throughout his whole body as a beautiful purple glow sparkled while outlining his body. Scarlett created pearls of aether so small yet so ruthless. The pearls had small spikes on them that were sharper than a sword.

Mantra leapt at the monster as he raised his sword. The monster glared at him as it roared viciously. His body felt unbelievable pressure against the monster. A single roar was enough to shatter any normal living being, if it wasn't for his aether he would've received multiple injuries if not death.

[Wave]

Mantra raised his sword as aether glowed out of it. He slashed as a crescent wave of aether followed by Scarlett's pearls aimed for the monster. The Relia roared viciously as blood poured from its skin. Before one could bat an eye, the skin regenerated quickly.

A shocked expression appeared on their faces, only a few Relias were able to regenerate. What shocked them, even more, was that the Relia regenerated faster than they could with aether. 

The monster's three heads had opened its mouth as its bright white fangs appeared. A sphere appeared as it spun simultaneously, a blue glow grew in the core of the sphere as it was outlined by a dark crimson red. The sphere grew bigger and bigger as It had been the size of a boulder.

"Stay at your place, don't even think about moving!" I commanded.

[Space Bend]

Mantra had dispersed most of his aether to his palms as they glowed brightly. His expression was filled with amusement as a wide grin appeared on his face. 

A battle maniac. That was Mantra. 

The red and blue sphere moved at an impressive sphere as it closed in onto Mantra. He had pushed most of the aether out of his core right into his palms. Mantra had formed a wall of aether large enough to block the sphere. The aetheric wall clasped with the monster as the wind blew furiously. 

The sphere had weakened as Mantra drew the shield. He clenched his teeth as he tightened his fists, the leftover aether flowed right into his fist. The sphere closened as he aimed for it. A loud sound screamed throughout the forest. A blinding light appeared enough to destroy a living being eyes.

Regeneration.

Mantra had redirected the attack, but it was all futile. The creature had got it's head cut off as it black veins regenerated it's heads. Mantra was shocked. He had never witnessed such magnificent regeneration speed. The creature didn't even seem tired at all.

"Get your act together." Scarlett shouted as she lunged before him.

"Yea... sorry..." He said weakly.

"I never seen you like this, we can do this together." Scarlett comforted Mantra as she stared deep into his eyes.

"Yea let's go!" Mantra said as he chuckled.

"Go and try to find it's core. I will support you from behind with my aetheric spells." Scarlett said as he body glowed with aether.

Mantra lunged as Scarlett prepared waves of aether. The monster roared as it grew arms, its arm lunged at Mantra with sonic speed. Scarlett waves pierced through them as Mantra continued his way. 

[Earth spikes]

Purple spikes grew out of the ground as it struck the monsters. 

The beast roared loudly as it regenerated. Suddenly a bluish skinned tentacles grew out of the ground as they covered the area. Mantra body lurched as he flew right into a tree.

"Mantra, are you alright?" Scarlett shouted in worry.