Chapter 23 - Awaken

Scarlett POV:

The moon shone brightly, and a cool breeze flowed across. Green grass swung left and right, and tree leaves blanketed the ground. The night sky shone with brilliant stars. Although we had fought the Relia almost two months ago, Mantra showed symptoms of recovery but no signs of waking.

It's a long journey, to take revenge for my race. In my current condition, I'm in no way or form able to take on an Asura. Why did the Asuras even kill us? We're a race that was peaceful and didn't fight for power. My eyes fluttered, and tears leaked heavily. 

I held my knees as I sat on the ground and looked at the glistening moon. It was the only thing that could keep me at peace. Is it even possible to get revenge? I question myself every day. It may all be in vain. I didn't want to lose anyone, especially not one of my kind.

Darkness appeared as sleep took over me.

My eyes flickered as the scorching sun welcomed me. The wind changed from chilly to warm overnight as it flew through me. The grass was relaxing, grasping me. 

Mantra POV:

Light welcomed me. My eyes flickered as they adjusted to the light. I could see, move, and feel my body. The place looked like Bradwr's house. Why am I here? How many years had passed? I was wearing black tight clothes with red stripes around them.

A squeaking sound was made as the door opened, and a figure walked through.

"Mantra..." A feminine voice said shocked.

As she came closer, memories flooded back into me. 

"Scarlett? What happened? Why am I here?" I asked confused.

Her blue eyes dilated in shock, as she stood frozen. Her expression changed as she ran and hugged me. 

"Wha-" I said surprised.

"I thought you were dead!" Scarlett sobbed as my heart throbbed.

I tapped her lightly as she layed down and settled down. Her face was covered with tears as she tried getting rid of them. I grinned in shock, not believing what I was seeing?

"What happened?" I uttered curiously.

"You were in a coma for two whole months." Scarlett muttered saddeningly.

"It isn't even your place to ask questions. What happened to the Relia? Why were you knocked out?" Scarlett demanded to know.

I chuckled and said, "Alright, calm down. I will answer all of your questions."

Phew, this is going to be a long story to tell. Should I tell her about the godrune I received? What about the Shadow realm? What do you think Luan?

"It'd be best and tell her the bear minimal, no one knows who to trust nowadays." He answered attentively.

I summarized what had happened in the fight as she listened seriously and attentively. At least a bit of my burden had released. It'd surprinsgly felt much longer than two months, I guess loneliness can lead to loss of the sense of time.

"So where is Bradwr?" I ask.

"He is currently training the army. He might come back in a few days for the weekend." Scarlett answered.

"He agreed? Well, that's surprising." I said

A few hours later...

The people trained hard, sweat filled with agony drenched the grounds, swinging their blades and planting their legs. Bradwr shouted correcting people's movements with an evil grin stirring.

"Ma..Mantra." Bradwr said as his voice flickered.

"I'm alive, anyways how is training these humans & elves going on." I ask with a a fierce tone.

The soldiers muttered to each other, who is this, why is he here, what does he have to do with Sir. Bradwr, etc.

"It's alright, these puny bastards are better than what I expected." He chuckled with a smile.

"Alright, come back early we have things to talk about."

As I walked, Bradwr started shouting as people complained silently, I never seen Bradwr so happy.

~Author Corner~

Hiatus for two weeks cuz final exams coming up

What do you think Mantra wants to talk about with Bradwr?