Chapter 19 - Another Continent

~Somewhere in Alacrya~

How can I tell Lord Agrona what happened to the dwarf kingdom? The man thought as his expression was full of displeasure with wrinkles forming on his eyebrows. He wore black attire with vertical stripes of blue that glistened brightly. The man had walked slowly as he kept thinking of solutions and the unseeable future when he tells his leader what happens.

The man kept walking fearfully as people took their time and bowed down respectfully. The man didn't bother to look at them, his mind was filled with what will happen and how will it happen. Just how much fear this he poured into the man? He had realized what agony he needed to face.

He stood at a door. It was pitch black with a bricky appearance. The guards around it bowed down as they made space for the man to enter. The door vibrated as he heard a sign of approval. He opened the door as he saw four pitch-black horns around Agrona's head. He had a smooth face that anyone could dream of.

"What urgent news do you want to tell me, Aiden?" The man said while a single speck of his voice displayed pressure.

The man shook frozen and terrified as he muttered, "Th..-The dwarf.. kingdom.. king is dead..." 

The wind violently blew as Agrona's expression changed to anger. The glass he held in his hands shattered from his anger. Aiden was terrified, he knew that Agrona was someone not to be messed with. It was amazing, his peer bloodlust could do this. 

"When did this happen?" said Agrona with a venomous tone.

Aiden's face was composed with sweat as his eyes were fearful, and his throat felt suffocated as someone had tightened his hand around it. He was barely to keep himself from falling while his legs shook uncontrollably.

"It happened 3 days ago, Lord Agrona." Aiden barely muttered.

Agrona grew angrier, about not being informed of this earlier. All the time he spent to use the dwarven kingdom was into fall. More importantly who was even behind this? No one should not be able to kill the spies we planted.

"What about Kril and Riera?" Agrona asked filled with bloodlust.

Aiden's fear over this question had grown non-stop. If he were to tell his Lord that they died, it would be outrageous, it might even cause Aiden's own death! His lord was someone ruthless that could kill you on the spot or even worse turn you into a mindless living weapon for him.

"Um... Th-they are dead..." Aiden grew more terrified as he uttered the words.

"Dead?" Agrona angrily uttered, "What do you mean DEAD?" Agrona demanded.

Dead silence took the place as Agrona seemed to regain his composure, he took a deep breath and  said, "Prepare for the war faster, I expect you to be done in a year's time." 

As Aiden left Agrona looked at the deep-crimson walls and sighed. Who might it be that knows about the dwarven betrayal yet someone exists to be able to take on our spies and these integration core lances? It seems that I need to go and meet Kiros and discuss our next plans for possible people that leaked information

Five hours later...

As Agrona descended, Kiros appeared. Thick horns erupted from the sides of his head, curling up and forward until they came to a sharp point. The horns were ornamented with gold bands of varying thicknesses, some studded with diamonds and others etched with glowing runes. His golden hair was cut close to his horns on the sides and pulled back into a tail. His body was clad in dazzling crimson robes.

"What a magnificent appearance, friend!" Kiros said cheerfully.

A gloomy look appeared on Agrona as he followed Kiros. He couldn't stop from overthinking all the possibilities for someone to annihalite the dwarven royal family. Who could It be? As Agrona sat down he took a deep breath and said, "The lessers at the dwarven kingdom got annihilated."

A surprised look appeared on Kiros usual cheerful self. He looked at Agrona serious face. How could these lesser lances fail to protect their kings? All of our time of preparation was gone in a single night, he collected his thought as he said, "Do you have any clues Agrona?" 

"No, not a single clue. The spies that we sent also were killed, not a single trace of them was left." Agrona informed Kiros.

"Then the only option we have is to start preparing for war, if someone found out about their betryal they surely know we would do a surprise attack soon. We should start hurrying over if we want to get this over with." Kiros suggested to Agrona.

"We already started, but I would like for you to tell other sovereigns. You should also start and find all the talent in your domain tell them the same." Agrona commanded to Kiros.

"Sure, but how about we have a drink first we hadn't had one in a long time." Kiros said as he changed into his cheerful demanor.

As Kiros smashed the glasses on the table. Agrona looked at Kiros and said, "Fine."