hawkmoth

30 minutes earlier

Hawkmoth could tell the difference between the emotions of everyone in Paris... though things like anger and sadness on paper, is very easily defined it becomes a much harder task when talking about an individual. The feeling was always hard to describe but in a way it was like looking at the same story in different fonts. However one of these stories stood out from the rest... marrinette Dupain-cheng. From the first day he realised her emotions were far different to anyone else's... forget fonts- this girl was writting a whole different story.

He could sense her right now... her sadness, her anger, her self hatred... he could feel all of it and he desperately wanted to utilise it.... but he couldn't... he'd made the decision a long time ago that he wouldn't dare use her... aside from fearing the girls power himself... he also feared his son.

He'd only ever met the girl a few times but he had seen how much his son cared for her and he spoke so fondly of her it was hard to forget- Adrian looked at marrinette the same way Gabriel had looked at emilie... gabriel would do anything for her- and he had no doubt his son would do the same for this girl.

Gabriel was terrified that if he akumatised her and his son ever found out who he was adrian would never forgive him... and he couldn't risk that.

Yet right now marrinettes emotions were so strong and powerful that they were hard to ignore. Her friends, her family, her life everything is falling apart. Gabriel thought... feeling almost bad for her... she was a nice girl, she treated his son well and she was talented... he thought she was good for his son... yet right now it seemed like she was devided in two but neither side liked the other... Gabriel noted that the description was odd... but it seemed to be the only thing that fit.

The temptation to akumatise her was certainly not unnoticeable and he had to keep reminding himself of the way his son looked when he was talking about her... he couldn't risk it.

"Mr agreste." The voice behind him startled him.
He turned to look at the girl behind him.
"I thought I told you to call me hawkmoth." He glared at her.

"My apologies "hawkmoth", sorry I'm late I had things to do and people to see." She smirked

"I think you need to learn to show a little more respect- I don't need you waiting my time."

The girl shuffled- shifting her wait.

"Again- I apologise." She smiled at hawkmoth sweetly.

Hawkmoth summomded a butterfly to his hand and cupped the other one on top- summoning in the dark energy.

"Are you ready Lila?"

Authours note: Sorry it's such a short chapter. But I wanted to give an explanation as to why she being marrinette) never gets akumatized. Also do you guys want to see a hawkmoth redemption arc? I kinda have an idea for one but ik alot of people have mixed feeling about the character so I thought I'd see what you guys think. Oki bye 😘