Adrian

Adrian looked through the crowd for his father, he had run off mere minutes ago in a frenzy. He caught sight of his dad talking with a group of people who were chatting with him though he seemed to be distracted. Gaberiel was looking around the room as if he were searching for someone. Adrian turned to his company, quickly dismissing himself from the conversation before walking over to his dad.

"Father?" Gaberiel jumped at his sons sudden appearance.

"Yes?" The man seemed to become all the more uncomfortable now that Adrian stood before him.

"Is everything alright?" Adrian pretended to be concerned but really he was praying that this would give him the chance to leave the dreary event.

"Nothing for you to worry about." Gaberiel replied, a hint of nervousness still chipping at his voice.

"Perhaps I could-"

"I told you it dosnt concern you!" Gaberiel interrupted still not making eye contact. Gaberiel seemed to catch himself before he started yelling- he sighed and tiredly rephrased "Go entertain our guests."

Adrian nodded silently, greatful that his father had stopped himself from making a scene. Adrian turned back towards the hall of people ready start up another conversation... but for some reason he couldn't get rid of the feeling that things were about to go very wrong.

Authors note: Okay so this chapter wasn't super important but I thought we should check on Adrian (I promise he will become more relevant to the story soon!)