I command

Authors note: Ahoy mateys! I have officially decided the direction this story will be going so from here on out expect things to get much MUCH darker. I will be putting trigger warnings specific to each chapter (I would put them all at once but i kinda only have a general idea of the story and I'm mostly making it up as I go) if any of the topics in this story distress you please stop reading! You're mental health is the most important thing!

Oki enjoy this chapter :)

Trigger warnings: depression

Ladybug swung through Paris, the sunset's orange glow painted the sky.
The city looked incredible but for the first time marrinette could not see its beauty. People waved at her from down below, and she smiled back at the Parisians. Ladybug swung upwards, landing atop a building, the heroine sprinted across the roofs and jumped over the gaps between.

Lady bug approached the end of the stretch of buildings, pulling her arm back and thrusting it forwards as she threw her yoyo towards the Effiel tower, the string wrapping around one of the metal beams. Ladybug jumped from the building and swung towards the monument. The wind stung her face as she moved through the air.

Ladybug landed near the top of the Effiel tower, her feet planted firmly on the metle frame. She greeted the construction like an old friend, placing her hand on one of the beams as memories of saving Paris ran through her. She peered around and was happy to see that there was no one around... though it wasn't at all surprising as many people avoided going outside due to the constant akuma attacks.

"Hello Effiel tower." Ladybug greeted the inanimate monument as she sat on its ledge.

"I suppose I owe you an apology... you've been beaten and broken so many times that it's a wonder I can still put you back together." Ladybug sighed looking out over the city.
"Everyday the evil our own minds create is brought to life by shadowmoth and it is you that suffers the consequences... it is you that is burned by our hate." Ladybug pulled one of her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around it "though you certainly couldnt be mad about such things or you'd find youself as just another victim... another number..."

"I purifed my first akuma here... I felt so strong and powerful... it felt like I was as big and tough as you... but now I can't even remember how that felt..." Ladybug sighed. "Effiel tower... I wonder if we have left marks on you that can't be seen... I fix every scratch and every dent but after all is repaired I wonder if all that damage goes beyond." She said curiously, before standing up.

"Spots off."

With a pink flash ladybug disappeared and in her place was marrinette, still bruised and beaten- the pain of each injury rushing back and she cursed the mocking relief of the magic.

"Marri-" Tiki began but was quickly cut off by marrinette.

"Tiki... I'm done being ladybug- you need to find a new one." Marrinette pulled one of the earnings out, giving it to tiki before she could disappear.

"Marrinette let's talk about this! Maybe you can just take a break.... maybe alya could take over for a bit." The kawmi reasoned but to no avail.

Marrinette took out the second earing and put it in tiki's little hands "Alya's a great choice! She would be a great replacement." Marrinette said casually, intentionally missing the point.

"Marrinette stop! You just need to listen-"

"No tiki! You need to listen! I am sick of always doing the right thing! I'm sick of the responsibility! I'm sick of failing over and over again! And I'm sick of you constantly telling me to keep going!" marrinette turned away from her kawmi. "I can't keep going..."

Tiki's heart ached... for the first time seeing exactly how broken her owner was...
and ladybug was the one to break her...

"Marrinette... I won't leave you! I will never leave you so please just transform and let's go back home!" The kwami pleaded.

"Tiki... I'm not joking... I really am done... and you- you need to leave."

"I wont-"

"TIKI! I COMMAND YOU TO LEAVE!" Marrinette's voice was cold and confident but it was laced with the slightest hint of desperation.

The little kwami looked at her holder in horror... Marrinette had never used a command on any of the kwamis let alone tiki. Tiki's body began moving on Marrinette's word- flying quickly away from where her owner stood. Tiki tried to fight against it but the command was far to strong. Tiki shouted to marrinette- begging her to let her come back but her owner simply stared at her with a blank expression.

"I'm sorry, Tiki." Marrinette whispered as she turned away... no longer willing to look at her friend as she was forced to fly away.