the bad guy's bad plan

Gabriel excused himself, unimaginativly telling his company he had to use the bathroom. He had allowed himself to enjoy the party for a bit but eventually found himself becoming nervous as he waited for his kwami to return and tell him that all was well... but it had been some time now and there was still no sign of them.

Perhaps nooroo was simply just scared to fly though the crowded room, or maybe they'd gotten distracted by something on the way back... yes that must be it! Marrinette wasn't dead! He'd ordered his kwami to save her and nooroo had never failed him before and he certainly wouldn't now.

Despite his best attempts to reassure himself Mr agreste still sprinted up the stairs towards his office. He threw the doors open in the most dramatic fashion and walked towards a painting.

It was a painting of his wife wearing a golden dress the melted into the background, her blond hair rested on her shoulder in silky strands that had been curled into loose ringlets. In life, emelie had often worn very extravagant makeup with lots of bright colours, she always told gaberiel it was to separate herself from her sister whom she had shared the same face with since birth. Her sister despite adoring and often copying emelie, tended to stick to more natural tones and wouldn't be caught dead in brighter shades and though emelie herself would have preferred to wear browns or beiges it was her petty way of stopping her younger sister (by 5 and a half minutes) from copying her... a small victory in the war of siblings.

In this picture however emelie's makeup was fairly neutral. A soft, coral blush coloured her cheeks and despite heavy contour her face still looked round and sweet. Gold lined her eye lids and a brown eyeshadow followed the creases of her upper eye. A rouge lip stain sat at home apon her face, as if the colour were made exclusively for her, and gaberiel couldn't help but remember how whenever she wore it all he could think about was kissing her so the world knew that thoes lips belonged to him and only him.

He reached his hands up towards the picture? His fingers placed particularly. He pressed his fingers simultaneously and the tiles pushed in like little buttons. The picture frame gave a machinical groan and the wall separated into an door. Gaberiel stepped through and the painting and wall slid back into place behind him as the elevator, type floor lifted him upwards towards the hidden butterfly attic.

The roof above him split apart, as the floor lifted him through it and stopped as he reached the room. The window was already open and butterflies were swarming around manically as if they were stressed or scared.

Noorroo's tiny face was pressed up against the glass, looking out at the night worridely whispering to itself.

"Noorroo" gaberiel's voice shocked the kwami and if they had a heart... it would have stopped.

"Oh! Master! I.. um" Nooroo struggled to find the words, trying to predict what answer would earn them the lightest punishment.

"Is she okay?" Gaberiel asked, nerves were edging at his voice but nooroo couldn't notice them over his own.

"She... ummm..." Nooroo wasn't sure how to answer... it was a no... but it certainly wasn't a yes either.

"Noorroo! Is marrinette alive?" Gaberiel growled in an uncivilised way.

"Yes!" The kwami gave a nervous shriek as it flew back a few inches "but..."

"But what?" Gaberiel snapped at the bug.

"Umm... I..."

"Well?"

"She.... she's akumatized." Noorroo squeaked, throwing its tiny hands infront of their eyes.

"So? That's what I told you to do. Just unakumatise her." Gaberiel shrugged, emphasising the last three words as if his kwami was to dumb to understand him.

"I... cant" nooroo whimpered "master... i"

"What!?" Gaberiel yelled "what happened? What did you do you useless bug?"

Gaberiel stepped forward his index finger pointed accusingly at noorroos face.

"I'm sorry!" The kwami cried out "kwamis shouldn't use their powers without holders... things get messy."

"So you're saying this is my fault?" Gaberiel hissed, twisting the bug's words.

"No! No! Ofcouse not!" Nooroo tried to clarify.

Gaberiel glared at him for a moment but finally shook away his rage, deciding to save it for later "Okay so then what exactly is this 'mess'?"