dont call him an empath

Hawkmoth wouldn't exactly call himself an empath... despite him technically being one. Ever since he got the butterfly miraculous he always new when someone was angry, sad, scared or really anything else... sure this power weakend when he detransformed but it was still most certainly there.

Gaberiel wouldn't call himself an empath.... he'd only met one other in his life and she was the most kind and nurturing person he'd ever known... but he wasn't like her... she had used her empathy to help and heal people... he... he used it against them.... no he wasn't like emelie.

Gaberiel wondered if he had always been a selfish man or had time turned him bitter? He'd been pondering the idea for far to long because by the time he'd come back to reality a man was standing infront of him - happily engaged in a conversation that they'd supposedly been happening for some time. The hall was filled with familiar faces he'd not seen since before his wife's death... he didn't want to admit it... but he he'd missed them and though it at first hurt to see the people who shared so many of the memories of his late wife... it felt good to be surrounded by thoes whom emelie had loved.

He missed her love...

Gabrielle wouldn't call himself an empath but he could feel everything his friends were feeling... he could feel what his son was feeling and he could even feel some of the stronger emotions outside the hall and roaming Paris... but he wasn't going to be hawkmoth... not tonight. But yet the strong familiar pain of Adrian's classmate rung through his head.

It was different tonight.

Hawkmoth had become very familiar with the sadness that occupied the once ever postive marrinette... the temptation to use her pain to his advantage was something he couldn't quite ignore... but for his sons sake... he couldn't... no. he wouldn't.... but tonight her sadness... her desperation couldn't be brushed past... it was nagging at him... it was drowning him.

It felt morbid and darker then he had ever thought was possible... her emotions so powerful and dangerous that his enemies wouldn't have a chance against her...

Gabriel looked at his son, wandering between the guests, exchanging stories. Gabriel couldn't do that to him... that was one line he couldn't cross... not even for emelie.