ladybug wont tell

Persephone looked absolutely terrifying as she ran at ladybug. The ground blackened and corrupted beneath her with each step, the akuma victim raised her weapon ready to swipe as ladybug swung her yoyo at her legs. Persephone seemed to predict the very movement, jumping as the yoyo became tangled around itself.

Chat noir jumped, grabbing ladybug and pushing her out of the way as persephone swiped her weapon. The two rolled on the ground, Chat noir landing atop her but instead of his usual flirtatious quip he jumped straight off, turning his attention right back to persephone.

"Ladybug where's the akuma?" Chat noir pleaded, dragging her onto her feet.

"The akuma?" Ladybug seemed confused for a moment, as if she had forgotten entirely what it was "Oh the akuma.... I... I can't remember."

Chat noir grabbed ladybug's hand and pulled her close to him as the akuma victim lunged forward again.

"Ladybug I don't care what you did! we just have to help marrinette!" Chat noir pleaded, turning as he intertwined his fingers with ladybug's, pulling her as he began running down the street.

"Marrinette?" Ladybug looked even more confused as if she were hearing the name of an old acquaintance.

"Persephone." Chat corrected himself, partially to help ladybug but mostly because he wanted to separate the sweet, kind marrinette from this evil and hate filled monster.

"I know when you are lying ladybug... I know you aren't telling me something and that ends now." Chat noir turned a corner, swinging ladybug outwards and pushing her back into the wall. Chat placed his arms either side of her, hiding her as persephone ran past. He looked into ladybug's eyes, stealing all of her attention. "What happened to her."

Ladybug sighed " I... can't tell you."

Chat noir leaned in closer "you can have your secrets m'lady... as many as you want just as long as they arnt hurting Ma-my friends."

"I cant tell you chat. If i tell you you will learn my identity." Ladybugs body shook.

Chat noir froze... what could have possibly happened as to put her identity in jeopardy.... did marrinette know her?

"You can't tell me anything??? Where the akuma is? Why she got akumatized in the first place?"

Ladybug shook her head.

"What about what she wants? Marrinette is a good person... what ever her goal its sure to to be for a good cause! maybe we can help her achieve it and she can reject the akuma on her own" Chat noir moved out slightly, looking into the street to see the villian.

"I dont know if thats the best choice..." Ladybug shifted her weight onto her other leg "I think... I think she wants to kill me."

Chat turned his head to look at ladybug, "nope. No way!" Chat noir reassured himself.
"Marrinette is no killer, the girl literally won't kill flies- this has got be a mistake. "

"She's chasing at me with a sword, Chat. I don't think she's particularly concerned about her morals right now." Ladybug rolled her eyes as she tightened her grip on her partner's hand, as they started running again, letting him lead her through the streets of Paris and away from the akuma victim.

"That's.... that's not Marrinette! Marrinette would take the world's suffering apon herself if she could! she wouldn't hurt you! She wouldn't hurt anyone!... not even someone who deserved it." Chat noir furrowed his eyebrows, his face contorting with a wave of guilt.

Chat noir let go of ladybugs hand as he slammed one end of his staff into the ground and vaulted into the air, ladybug threw her yoyo, swinging upwards, both heros landing gracefully on top of a roof. Chat noir looked down at the road beneath them. it was completely destroyed, the damage splintering up the walls of the nearby buildings.

"If you dont tell me where the akuma is then how am i meant to save her?" Chat turned to look at ladybug, a tile becoming slightly loose under his foot.

" You can't..."

"Exactly, ladybug! Just tell me where it is."

"Chat... that's not what I meant... I.... I don't think you can save her this time... I think we need to be prepared for things to go... really bad."

"Ladybug?" Chat choked "why would you say that? You havnt even tried to help her yet and you are already giving up!"

"Chat..."

"You've never given up on any of hawkmoths victims before! Why now!!! Why marrinette!" Chat pointed his finger at ladybug, accusingly.

"Kitty. I-"

"Don't call me that."

"Look at all this damage Chat noir... with all this power... she will kill people... I'm doing my best but I have to think of Paris!"

"Paris is nothing without her!" Chat noirs eyes went wide at his own words and he immediately tried to correct himself "I mean... how can we call ourselves hero's if we can't save everyone?"

"It's one verses many, Chat... it's not a hard choice!"

"It is for me!" Chat noir turned away, refusing to look at ladybug.

Authors not: Sorry about the late update y'all. I had a bit of a health emergency but everything is alright now :)